• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chip seal on twisted sisters

I just ran through there today solo on the Harley, roads in good shape

Attachments

• AEF31DC5-C1CC-4706-8665-3947D52ED4C2.png
    AEF31DC5-C1CC-4706-8665-3947D52ED4C2.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 192
Nope that must’ve been a typo:trust:

technically I think that app reads slow... Have you noticed that Jarrett?

I mean typically my phone is in my back pocket anyway so I can’t see what the app is doing until I get home and save the ride

Last edited:
I just ran through there today solo on the Harley, roads in good shape
You didn't have issues on 336?
We were there on Tuesday and I had a few places that still had a lot of loose stuff, I did not enjoy the road.
335 was fine though (except for 1 spot that I slid on).
We did a clockwise loop.

technically I think that app reads slow... Have you noticed that Jarrett?

Yeah, mine does the same. Always a little slower than I went. I think because it needs peak speed to be held a few seconds to register.

You didn't have issues on 336?
We were there on Tuesday and I had a few places that still had a lot of loose stuff, I did not enjoy the road.
335 was fine though (except for 1 spot that I slid on).
We did a clockwise loop.

no ... I had no issues at all on 336, and I was “hauling the mail”

I usually always run clockwise myself
336 it is my favorite section

the upper part off of 41 did need a touchup because it was pretty potholey...

Just got home from riding all of them. It's fresh, gravel in some places, but a spirited pace is still possible. Deer and thunder chickens are the biggest hazard still, and oh yeah, hogleys crossing the double yellow.

Just got home from riding all of them. It's fresh, gravel in some places, but a spirited pace is still possible. Deer and thunder chickens are the biggest hazard still, and oh yeah, hogleys crossing the double yellow.
Besides possibly being the best band name ever, what's a Thunder Chicken?

Maybe this?

" This is what southerners refer to a turkey (wild turkey) as. Typically hunters affectionately call wild turkey males (toms) "Thunder Chicken" because of the male vocalization (gobble) to attract females during mating season. "

Dang it, someone already took it:

Besides possibly being the best band name ever, what's a Thunder Chicken?

Maybe this?

" This is what southerners refer to a turkey (wild turkey) as. Typically hunters affectionately call wild turkey males (toms) "Thunder Chicken" because of the male vocalization (gobble) to attract females during mating season. "

Dang it, someone already took it:

Nailed it. Ol gobble gobble.

Just got this in an email from Ride Texas:

“... Already this summer we've heard reports of several areas that have been getting repaved. The roads were covered with loose gravel and fresh tar. The 20+ miles of road resurfacing from Highway 16 in Medina to Ranch Road 187 in Vanderpool was completed at the end of August.

Starting in a couple of weeks, Ranch Road 337 between Medina and Vanderpool [on the way to Leakey] is going to be closed except to local traffic for up to 6 months. They are completely replacing the bridge over Mill Creek. All traffic will be detoured back to Bandera where you'll have to take RR 470 to Tarpley and then Utopia. You can then take 187 back up tp Vanderpool and on to Leakey. That's an hour at least of addition time....”

1. How is the Sisters condition of late?
2. Is the above mentioned construction active?

I'm considering going out there soon for my 1st time. TIA

I just rode 337 from Camp Wood to Vanderpool on Sunday and it was great. Chip sealed roads aren’t my favorite—but that’s what you get out there. No significant loose gravel. Turned north due to the bridge construction east of Vanderpool that still has the road closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. How is the Sisters condition of late?
2. Is the above mentioned construction active?

I'm considering going out there soon for my 1st time. TIA

Rode it this week. 336 from Leakey to 41 is covered in scattered loose gravel. Use caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back