• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CHiPs - The Movie - Saturday March 25th

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
FYI DFW Riders

Some of us BMWDFW riders are going to hit the new CHiPs movie next Saturday morning.

Come on over and we'll howl together. (it's a comedy this time)

11:00am at the Tinseltown Grapevine theater on 114/121 behind the Kawasaki dealership (come earlier for the popcorn line, for a good seat, and to visit a little before the previews)

After the movie we're headed over to the FTW BMW dealership for their BMW Customer Appreciation Day. (10am to 4pm) Free Food/Drinks!

Stephen Slisz
yeeha_stephen@yahoo.com

Last edited:
You mean it wasn't before?

LOL. My sentiments exactly.

likesuccess.jpg

From looking at the Trailer, I wouldn't go if they came to my house and picked me up.:doh:

Well, a handful of BMWDFW's usual suspects went to the Tinseltown Grapevine movie house this morning and saw the new CHiPS movie.

Actually it was kinda cute. Lot of gross/slapstick humor and way too many dirty words, but it was a movie full of belly laughs.

The MC stunt work was awesome, especially when they "hill-climbed" an R1200RTP! Wow!

According to interviews, a lot of the stunt work was done by the actors themselves. Check it out...

https://rideapart.com/articles/interview-chips-star-dax-shepard

SS

Saw this movie yesterday, not great but worth watching. Bike action is good, have never cared for actor Dax Shepard but he's tolerable here. The fact he's an avid motorcyclist and did most of his own stunts is cool.

Can't believe the soundtrack didn't have a song from Seven Mary Three. After all their band name came from CHiPs.

_

Yeah, I put it in a class like Wild Hogs. Cute but not award winning.

I really did like the MC stunt work.

And, ya' know, the music completely escaped me. I don't think I really paid attention to it. I'll have to rent it and tune in an ear.

Back