• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Civil War Battlefiled Tour ‘19 - May 10-16

They are rumored to be gettin ready for a rematch.

Not so much North vs. South, but personal rights vs. government control. I'm not going to say much more 'cause we'll get into a political debate (shouting and 1 side crying and running for a safe space) that might get this thread booted into the off-topic area.

Also...from prior experience it’s still fun even if it rains a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also...from prior experience it’s still fun even if it rains a little

A little is ok. 4 out of 7 days is a bit much if we can head another direction and get vastly improved weather. There is stuff to see and do in every direction. We'll see what the forecast is tomorrow or Thursday. I'm ready for just about anything.

try to spend a night with scott and Julie at 3 step hideaway, about an hour south of Moab.

I’ve been itchin to check out a few US Civil War National Parks. If somethin don’t rip or tear, & weather permitting, I plan on goin May 10 (Friday) & return May 16 (the next Thursday).

It’ll be 7 days of riding, 7 National Parks, & 7 State Parks or sites.

The main parks are
Corinth MS
Shiloh TN
Murfreesboro TN
Chickamauga GA
Kennesaw Mountain GA

With quick stops at smaller places on the way
Spring Hill TN
Resaca GA
Pickett’s Mill GA

It’ll be cheap hotels, greasy spoon cafes, lotsa ridin, & quick sightseein.

I’ve got it all semi-planned. Just gauging interest to see if anyone here wants to tag along. Post up or PM me.

Man it sounds good. Still in South AFRICA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather was perfect. Looks like ya'll had a good ride west also. I had minor plumbing emergency to take care of at the house and couldn't leave until sunday morning. I visited the Civil war sights in Chattanooga with my sister, then headed to the ADV rally in Murphy. Rode all the roads between Murphy, Tellico Plains, Deals Gap, and down into the Chattahoochy forest in Georgia. Stopped at the Barber Museum in Burmingham and the Wheels though time near Ashville along the way. Went to Nashville, down the Natches Trace and across 84 back to Texas. Got home at noon yesterday.

Back