• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Claiborne Multi-Use Trails, Monday April 22, yes it's in Louisiana.

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
I'm taking the day off and riding as much trail as I can on Monday, April 22, if the trails are open. Dirty riders are free to join me.

Claiborne Multi Use Trails include over 70 miles of trails. The weekend after I ride they are holding a National Enduro on parts of the Boy Scout Loop.

Tracks can be found here: https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/louisiana-ohv-trail-maps-gpx-files.119431/post-1592258

Forest OHV Info can be found here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/kisatchie/recreation/ohv/?recid=34613&actid=93 , Check for closure before hauling out!

Closed! Based on the current weather I doubt they will re-open. They always try to mitigate trail damage before the enduro.

The trails have been closed for excessive rain. I'm hopeful that the trails will re-open late next week after today's storm. Really, all I have is hope.

From my understanding the trails are not closed before the Cajun Classic. We shall see.

But probably not Monday for your ride posted here. And maybe still wet enough later in the week to not be much fun even if they open. Hope you get to ride but I think it is very iffy. You could just ride the enduro, the sand should be packed well.

Well, that's the day I can ride. I'm going to remain optimistic.

I camped at the Loran Trailhead in early November and there was a heavy rain overnight. Many of the trails were narrow streams. We rode and had a good time, even in the continuing rain. Most of the trail we rode that day was sand and the only times the water was really an issuse was when we came to the many holes that had been dug by ATVs, and all that took to clear was good line selection.

I'm honestly supprised by the closure anouncment of last Monday. I know that the Sam Houston Forest closes when just the humidity rises, but I haven't seen the same in the Kisatchie.

The woods/creeks/rivers are flooded everywhere which has the 4-wheeler idiots destroying things. I went up to Jefferson TX Thur/Fri for Diamond Don's vintage meet and every low spot off the highway the entire distance was flooded. The Natl enduro is a big deal and I still think/hope the FS is attempting to minimize trail damage before the event. More ruts and monster roots are not needed. The awesome weather today does make it hurt though. Maybe the last cool day till Oct/Nov.

Hope you got to ride, I was thinking of you all day. Weather was awesome, not many more days like that left till the fall. :rider::thumb:

I rode to work yesterday. Next Monday is when I hit the trails, hopefully!

I'm going to head up there Sunday afternoon, probably ride a loop and camp.

I'll bring bring some wood for a fire, enjoy the evening with a beer or three, and be up early on Monday to tackle the trails. I hope to make most of the day of it, maybe resting for an hour or two after lunch and then getting a little more trail in. Of course, I'll be playing it by ear.

Irish, I'd love to to meet you and throw some sand. I hope you can make it.

To all my dirty riders who like to camp (or not), the invitation is open!

Loran campground at the Claiborne Multiuse Trailhead

I'm loaded. I'll update. I' hear the trails are perfect...

I did 30 or so miles. Washed the front out over a berm and buried my face in the sand.

Let's see how sore I am in the morning.

Yep. I'm not pushing the pace.

There is only one other camper, a family with atvs, that was here last night. They are leaving this morning.

There were no trucks or trailers in the day use area when I rode yesterday, and I didn't see or hear a single person on the trails.

nice!, be careful. I wish that was closer to me, have to spend the night and that isn't easy right now.

I'm feeling good. I'm about to ride the Boy Scout A loop then the C Loop. Yesterday I rode the B Loop.

Everything is flagged and marked for the National Enduro next weekend. There are good tracks to follow but it's still fresh and not torn up at all.

One or two more, that's all...

I'm off the trails and safe, back at the truck throughly worn out. Three hours yesterday and four today of hard riding did me me in.

There was a section with at least 30 sets of trees narrower than my bars which kicked me to the ground a few times. There was a BC Powder pack stapled to a tree near the end. Comedians.

I'll post more when I'm back at a keyboard.

Back