• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Clark's Outpost - Tioga, TX

Reaction score
I don't know which is better, the ribs or the ride to get there. :-D

What: BBQ. It's a rustic place on Hwy 377 in Tioga that is located near the Oklahoma border in the heart of horse country. They have yummy barbecued beef brisket. They smoke their brisket for three days and their ribs for hours. The ribs slide off the bone and are my favorite. (No sauce for me, thank you.) On our last visit I tried the deep fried corn-on-the-cob and it's great! They only deep fry it for a minute, and it comes out slightly carmalized on the outside and delicious on the inside. They have other food, too. Anyone want to try the lamb fries? :angel:

Where:
Clark's Outpost Bar-B-Q
101 Highway 377 at Gene Autry Drive
Tioga, Texas 76271
phone - (940) 437-2414
toll-free - (800) 932-5051
fax - (940) 437-5529
e-mail - bbqinfo@clarksoutpost.com
website - http://www.clarksoutpost.com/

Directions: From Dallas take Hwy 589 (Preston Rd) to FM 720 W. Turn right onto FM 423. Turn left onto US-380. Turn right onto FM 1385. Turn left onto E FM 455. Turn right on N Hwy 377. It's on the corner of US 377 and Gene Autry St.

This place if very biker friendly!

Ride safe & far,

Howdy Karen,
No Lamb fries for me, thank you, and I'll glady take the extra sauce! Yum!
Went up there last summer to meet Mer, SouthernVLX (Pummellin~First pass was free, ouch!) , Kobati (rode up from Houston) & Bull. It was so good - I could have eaten 2 sandwiches and skipped the fries. Don't forget about that mile high pie!
Hope to meet you there soon!
Ash

Nice review of my FAVORITE place to ride to eat Karen!! I've not tried the ribs yet mainly because the BBQ sandwich is so outstanding. Extra sauce please!! :dude: I HAVE tried the pie though...man o man...it is gooooood. First time I saw it I was cracking up though...it is a tall pie for sure. :rofl

Ash said:
Howdy Karen,
No Lamb fries for me, thank you, and I'll glady take the extra sauce! Yum!
Went up there last summer to meet Mer, SouthernVLX (Pummellin~First pass was free, ouch!) , Kobati (rode up from Houston) & Bull. It was so good - I could have eaten 2 sandwiches and skipped the fries. Don't forget about that mile high pie!
Hope to meet you there soon!
Ash

No free pass next time !! :nana LOL!!!

I couldn't believe Clark's wasn't listed, so I had to post. Had to get some north Texas cuisine listed. :-D

I'm always stuffed after eating all the ribs, so I haven't tried the pie. Next trip I'll get a sandwich and save room for that mile high pie. 8-)

Ride safe & far,

Back