• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

Next week, I'm adding us to the regular bike nights. For now, here's another shameless plug. Turnout has been increasing by 1 each week.:clap: This week's weather should make the patio a perfect hangout.:mrgreen:

South Shore Beer Garden at the entrance to Clear Lake Shores on FM 2094 (Marina Bay Drive), which is almost to Kemah and Hwy-146.

6:30 to 9:00

Info and map:
South Shore Beer Garden

Glad I was able to make it this week and meet everybody! This south side bike night is going to grow into something BIG I can tell. Burgers were great and the company as well. See you next week:eat:

BTW when all those Hooters gal's stopped by the scenery got "A LOT" better! Not that I don't appreciate good looking scooters, well you know what I mean.:dude:

Sleepy

My Email is Dead!
I made it, but didn't stay long only for about an hour long enough to get somehting to eat. :clap:
Atlanta is always fun, lots of wide open spaces.

sleepy

Darn guys.. I wanted to make this one.. I used to keep my boat at Moon Caye right next door.. Is this going to be a weekly thing??? I like hanging out around the lake.. see ya..

Me and wifey will make this one! Finally, hanging out with the Tarrant County Crew , those guys are gonna get me in all kinds of trouble. Hopefully I'll get my little mini ride report posted before the meeting. See you at 7!

fallendown said:
Finally, hanging out with the Tarrant County Crew , those guys are gonna get me in all kinds of trouble.
It's those neer-do-wells from down south that taint the group with all this talk of fried chicken and such (like terrorizing Johnson county back roads)... :roll:

Velocipede said:
Me too. Is anyone coming tonight that has been riding in the Hill Country recently? I've got a couple atlases with me and would sure appreciate pointers on routes to/from and around the area.
not sure if i can make it out there tonight.
I just got back from the hill country this past weekend. send me a pm and maybe can answer your questions.
later
Michael

FJRMike said:
OK - who is going to be at the South Shore Beer Garden for our weekly dinner and bikes routine? I will be there around 6:45 pm.
I will be there (on Wednesday). Getting all sorts of fun dental work done this afternoon, so I may be just watching you all eat an mumbling a bit.

We might drop by for a few minutes, wifey is looking for something a little more stimulating in the food dept. Plus it's the only night we have a sitter, so we want to do more riding and less bench racing...:trust:

A couple of doors down from the Beer Garden is Skipper's Restaurant. They have great Greek food on the dinner menu, and their salads are exceptional, if that's what stimulating means. We race sailboats Weds. nights, but sometimes catch you guys at the end of your evening. One day, I'll bring my bike!

We ended up going to the Sundance Bar and grill, it was very very nice..They have a huge deck on the water, we sat and watched all the sail boat races, it was great.....It's right in the middle of the seabrook shipyard. And we almost had the place to ourselves. But we'll be back soon....

fallendown said:
We ended up going to the Sundance Bar and grill, it was very very nice..They have a huge deck on the water, we sat and watched all the sail boat races, it was great.....It's right in the middle of the seabrook shipyard. And we almost had the place to ourselves. But we'll be back soon....
That place was once "The Regatta Inn." Since I was so fond of its atmosphere, I stopped going once it was sold. Actually had my wedding rehersal dinner in what was once their wine cellar. Best sunset view on the lake. Guess I'll have to check out their menu.