• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

About 1 block east of Joe Lee's on the north side of the road

Skipper's Greek Cafe.
1026 Marina Bay Drive. Clear Lake Shores, TX 77565
(281) 334-4787

May be this is a dumb question but is this 8:30(P?)m?

Welcome back :clap: There was some speculation that you would join us for breakfast this morning. Jim and I agreed you were posibly catching up on honey do's or sleep and had nothing to do with the company ,.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Welcome back :clap: There was some speculation that you would join us for breakfast this morning. Jim said you were posibly catching up on honey do's or sleep.:mrgreen:

Hmmm ... I might have joined, except I didn't know ya'll had changed it to Wednesday. Still getting caught up. I would guess that there isn't a Wednesday night meeting tonight, right?

Yep, Chad and I are in so far, but you have to pick the place.

Y'know.. new guy and all..

Don't think this group is going to deleted any RTE'S.:eek2: Just had a special holiday version. Don't know about tonight but Jim was already wondering were dinner was going to be.:-P

Yep, Chad and I are in so far, but you have to pick the place.

Y'know.. new guy and all..

My brain is probably addled from all the riding and driving. I know I was up in Quebec (pronounced Kabek up there) and may be I have been trying to understand to much to French. So ya'll are going to have to translate some of this for me. Who's the new guy? What place are we picking? Are we meeting at 8:30p for dinner tonight or was this for breakfast this morning?

My brain is probably addled from all the riding and driving. I know I was up in Quebec (pronounced Kabek up there) and may be I have been trying to understand to much to French. So ya'll are going to have to translate some of this for me. Who's the new guy? What place are we picking? Are we meeting at 8:30p for dinner tonight or was this for breakfast this morning?

Okay, since you just got back in town, you are the new guy (membership resets every 6 months). Being the new guy, you get to pick. And yes, dinner tonight (unless you want breakfast tonight, and that's okay too).

By the way, I posted this in the South Texas Nuclear Plant ride. The TLH is a great ride, about 1,000 miles of dirt. Most of it looked like this:

CIMG1229.jpg

The roads were soft and loose, but flat and fast. The RIGHT speed I found was around 100kph or 60mph. Below that and the front end got wobbly and tried to follow the ridges.

Labrador is having the drought we had last year. The road hadn't seen a lot of rain, so the dust was the worst I have experienced.

CIMG1239.jpg

There aren't a lot of people up there, so the whole length of the road we heard how dangerous it was and that just the week before a motorcyclist had died when he ran into the back of a stopped truck because of the dust. Everybody seemed to know about this and we must of heard about it 20 or 30 times with lots of variations of how it happened.

Motorcyclist dies on Labrador highway

I found the roads no more dangerous than many we ride in Texas and in some respect (except for the dust) they were safer.

And for you guys that know the story, Chuck just dumped me out near the freeway when we got back. Didn't even bring me home. I got caught in a traffic jam behind an 18 wheeler who decided to put his trailer in a ditch and block traffic on hwy146 as you come into Seabrook. Nice welcome home. It is great to be back in this heat and humidity. :-)

Last edited:
I should be able to make dinner. I saw something about Skipper; are Ginger and Mary Ann going to be there? :eat:

Okay, since you just got back in town, you are the new guy (membership resets every 6 months). Being the new guy, you get to pick. And yes, dinner tonight (unless you want breakfast tonight, and that's okay too).

I need to get a job! I am finding that this retirement thing, with all the riding, travel, meeting people is having a very negative effect on the people I associate with. They start making punitive rules.

Has anyone eaten at the Hoagie Ranch? I like it very much, but I don't know if they are open tonight (given the holiday and all). By the way, in Canada, July 1st is their independence holiday. Dang! I just called them and they are closed tonight.

How about T-Bone Toms?

T-Bone Tom's sounds fine with me.

Chris, you better be there; wanna see that new ride. :rider:

Hey new guy here originally a Texas native (US Coast Guard) keeps me busy moving around the country... currently in jersey village but closing on a house out in Dickinson.. cant wait to join yall for a Wednesday night dinner soon... I might be riding out to shiner tomorrow to meet up with some friends tour the shiner brewery.. depends on the heat if i can take(getting use to it again).. anyway looking forward to meeting yall soon!!!

Hey new guy here originally a Texas native (US Coast Guard) keeps me busy moving around the country... currently in jersey village but closing on a house out in Dickinson.. cant wait to join yall for a Wednesday night dinner soon... I might be riding out to shiner tomorrow to meet up with some friends tour the shiner brewery.. depends on the heat if i can take(getting use to it again).. anyway looking forward to meeting yall soon!!!

Hey, Fleet. Welcome aboard! :rofl: :doh:

Back