• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

Gaye and I should be able to be there tonight - Spring Break and all.

Anybody ever change out a Foot Peg plate on a BMW RT? We had a minor disaster a couple weekends ago down in Galveston and it drove the right side peg through the plate. I was a long ride with no place to rest my foot except an occasional drag.

New part is enroute, but it seems like it may require more than two hands. Just asking!

See ya'll tonight!

Gaye and I should be able to be there tonight - Spring Break and all.

Anybody ever change out a Foot Peg plate on a BMW RT? We had a minor disaster a couple weekends ago down in Galveston and it drove the right side peg through the plate. I was a long ride with no place to rest my foot except an occasional drag.

New part is enroute, but it seems like it may require more than two hands. Just asking!

See ya'll tonight!
I'm close by if you need an extra hand, available most daytimes too (with a little notice).

There's a relatively new place on FM 528 called Pop Top Burger we ought to try. It's the husband/wife that originally opened Stomp's in Bacliff. They sold the place in Bacliff and the guy who took it over significantly raised prices as well as dropping the quality of the food.
Pop Top is on FM 528 (NASA Road 1 west of I-45) right next to Texas Yamaha. They have several of the specialty burgers they served at Stomp's and Tookies.

There's a relatively new place on FM 528 called Pop Top Burger we ought to try. It's the husband/wife that originally opened Stomp's in Bacliff. They sold the place in Bacliff and the guy who took it over significantly raised prices as well as dropping the quality of the food.
Pop Top is on FM 528 (NASA Road 1 west of I-45) right next to Texas Yamaha. They have several of the specialty burgers they served at Stomp's and Tookies.
Burger was good we talked to the owner a long time and got the history of tookies, stomps and now pop top.

Anyone up for some Italian this week?

Aroma's Italian Grill
1023 S Broadway St, La Porte, TX 77571
(281) 941-4257

https://goo.gl/maps/HqH5gpHrAQp
Good meeting you today in front of the police station. I didn’t even realize this part of the forums existed. Never really made it out of the dual sport section. Would have liked to have joined y’all today, but you caught me as I was headed home from riding all day. Doing a little ride on Sunday to the west end of Galveston. Let me know if you’d like to join!

Good meeting you today in front of the police station. I didn’t even realize this part of the forums existed. Never really made it out of the dual sport section. Would have liked to have joined y’all today, but you caught me as I was headed home from riding all day. Doing a little ride on Sunday to the west end of Galveston. Let me know if you’d like to join!
Thanks for the invite, Chris, but I'll be back to work on Sunday. Please join us next week on Wednesday night if you can, and check out our D'S thread here:

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37261

We had some company come down a day early from Colorado. Grilling dinner for them now and going to try and sneak away for a little bit, but it’s up in the air as of now for me....

Rats! Working nights, but that sure looks good.

On a side note, Chad, how about another weekend ride somewhere while the weather is still good? Say first weekend in May (5,6th)?

Last edited: