• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

Sorry I did not make it last night, was really hoping to meet you guys. I took my bike to the dealer yesterday afternoon and I'm affected in the chain recall on the NC700x's. Apparently some of the chains have been breaking due to poor metal hardening.

The replacement was ordered yesterday, and will be in a few days, but I'm staying off the bike until then.

Sorry I did not make it last night, was really hoping to meet you guys. I took my bike to the dealer yesterday afternoon and I'm affected in the chain recall on the NC700x's. Apparently some of the chains have been breaking due to poor metal hardening.

The replacement was ordered yesterday, and will be in a few days, but I'm staying off the bike until then.

:ponder: Hmm.. yeah, chain is a pretty important part of a bike. If it's a recall, you'de think they would have them ready to go, eh? Hope they get you one soon.

May I join?
I can drive to the place if you have a firmed one.
Or someone please dropby Hyatt and give me a ride? I have all of ridding gears with me.

May I join?
Or someone please dropby Hyatt and give me a ride? I have all of ridding gears with me.

All are welcome! What kind of bike are you riding? We usually meet around 6:00PM and this week we are meeting at Outriggers, in Kemah, TX:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/outriggers-seafood-grill-and-oyster-bar-seabrook

If you are talking about the Hyatt Regency, downtown, it will take you about an hour at that time of day. Houston traffic is bad during rush hour.

"Don't go to Outriggers if you're riding a motorcycle! They obviously have more money than food as a group of our friends (20+ that they KNEW in advance), were seated, ordered and then told they weren't wanted!! They even called the police because they were "afraid" of a motorcycle riding club?!?! Oh and ALL were professionals with ALOT of cash to spend.

And they did. ELSEWHERE!!"

This is a review from yelp!, we shouldn't have a problem since Joe is in Columbia! Let's be on our best behavior! We are a rowdy bunch!

"Don't go to Outriggers if you're riding a motorcycle! They obviously have more money than food as a group of our friends (20+ that they KNEW in advance), were seated, ordered and then told they weren't wanted!! They even called the police because they were "afraid" of a motorcycle riding club?!?! Oh and ALL were professionals with ALOT of cash to spend.

This is a review from yelp!, we shouldn't have a problem since Joe is in Columbia! Let's be on our best behavior! We are a rowdy bunch!

... and we don't dress like pirates! I would bet that was a Harley bunch :pirate:

May I join?

Like Rydah said, it will take you at least an hour from downtown, it would be best just to come down this way earlier and hang out on the boardwalk, or if you have any interest in space, space center Houston is just a few miles away! Or you ride down to Galveston and then come back this way, lots to do and see!

That's hilarious. If this is the same place I'm thinking of, it was the biggest dive around back in the '90s (seems like it was called something else). When I had my boat, we would stop in there as they had some of the best gut-bomb burgers that really hit the spot after a day out on the water. Only people in there usually were some hard core drinkers and were the same folk that were there when we'd stopped before - not sure if they ever left. Guess I'll have to break out my leathers for this evening. :lol2:

Ralph, I think the spot has been chosen.... Outriggers, under the Kemah bridge on the Seabrook side, see you there!:thumb:

Not going to make it. I'm trying to get loaded out to go to Louisiana in the morning and keep getting interrupted by that ugly 4 letter word - work. Will be there next week.

Not going to make it. I'm trying to get loaded out to go to Louisiana in the morning and keep getting interrupted by that ugly 4 letter word - work. Will be there next week.

That's a common problem ... most people need to be loaded to go to Louisiana! :-)

Me neither, but not coz of Louisiana.... Have fun, guys.

That's a common problem ... most people need to be loaded to go to Louisiana! :-)

I do have a bottle of Crown and a couple dozen Shiner Bocks in the ice chest; but I'll wait until I get there. :thumb:

Hope dinner went well.

Back