• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

Just something for you guys (gals) that might be interested in. Supercross is coming back to Houston in January, and there will be three races scheduled:
Sat, 16th
Tue, 19th
Sat, 23rd

I would assume that the Saturday dates would be most favorable, so think about which one would be better, and maybe we could discuss it as a group tomorrow night, and get some tickets when they become available on December, 1st.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!! Hope everyone gets as fat as I plan to (we're doing ours tomorrow) :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving...

I'm pacing myself, we had one big meal today, and another one to go to on Saturday.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Did the usual Thanksgiving with my niece and her family. The turkey she bought from HEB was labeled "Cajun Frying Turkey" and I'm not sure what, if anything, that means. All I know is it came out better than any I've fried before.

4f420ec6-aa16-4cc5-8ad6-f6399b7d8129-jpeg.jpg

26281c0c-95a8-4a78-b2f4-7e930bd65c64-jpeg.jpg

turkey-jpeg.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited:
Anna asked me how come we never do Chinese food. Not sure, but is anyone opposed to Chinese? If so, no big deal; there's so many other choices anyway.

I really like Chinese food. There was a Schezuan Gardens on Main here in League City that made the best egg roles I ever eaten at any Chinese restaurant. But, they were a victim of the wuflu and had to close. They still have a location by Joe Lee's, but I haven't been there and it's a little far for take out. 888 is another good one, but the closest one is a pain to get to due to its location at 646 & I-45 which is screwed up because of the freeway construction. Those are the only 2 I go to. Do y'all have a place more centrally located for the group?

We went there once a couple years ago. I'll be there.

Edit: I called to make sure - they ARE open for dine-in. The location at 646 is takeout only.

Last edited:
888 Chinese Restaurant, 16744 El Camino Real Blvd, Houston, TX 77062

Karen and I are in. I'm always up for some fried lice. Called and they are opened for dine in. BTW, there is no Buffet. Know what to order and eat what they bring. It's yummy.

It was probably injected with Cajun spices that would flavor the turkey when it was fried.
May have been, but I didn't read the whole label and it didn't look like it. I always shoot them up with 2 jars of cajun butter before I fry them; it doesn't really add any spiciness to the turkey.

Back