• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

Had an experience coming home. Was most of the way home and was turning onto Hobbs off of 518. Suddenly, my back tire was flat and the back end was sliding out. If I went down, I would have been laid out in the middle of FM518. I counter steered full lock, let off the gas, and the bike stood back up! I hobbled home on the flat and was really glad I was on the 650 and not the Africa Twin when it happened; probably wouldn’t have turned out as well. Moral of the story is to check your tire pressure before leaving out. With the cold weather we’ve had lately, you’ll probably find it’s low.

Wow, glad you got skills! Always better the rear than the front too, in my opinion. I always feel I have a chance "power sliding" the rear, but front wash out's have sure got me in the past, as there's not much room for recovery.

0DA0B32A-C205-41C3-B661-0EB418ADFBE8.jpeg

You drink a couple of their margaritas and you'll feel like you're riding something! :party:

I'm not going to make it. I've got some homework for the new job and didn't get but an hour of sleep last night. I was really looking forward to some Pechuga a la Parilla and maybe some Queso Flameado.

We missed you last night, Jay, and you missed some goooooood Mexican food! LOL.

Anyone planning to do the pie run this month?

We have to get back for a concert that night, but since it's not that far away, we should make it in plenty of time. Gonna be keeping an eye on the weather, but hoping to make it.

I'm hoping to make the run, but I may be taking my state licensing test that Saturday. I ask that it be scheduled the following week, but this company is so screwed up, I'm sure they heard to make sure it's scheduled for the 19th. So far, they have my employment records mixed up with someone named Christian Birdsong; they are sending me another computer even though I already have one from them and have repeatedly told them so. Just got another email with the wrong employee info.

C'mon Lottery!

Happy PI day everyone!

A little early for this group, but I suggest we go to Seabrook Classic Cafe this Wednesday in honor of PI day/week/month?

Most of the animals I eat generally eat the stuff salad is made of. So theoretically, when I eat them, I'm eating salad also.

I may be a little late due to a late running class tomorrow.

Edit: Will be at least 40 minutes late.

Last edited:
It's not looking good. It would be nearly 7:00 before I could get there and I've just got too much to do to pass this exam on Friday.

Edit: All I had to do was post that and sure enough, they ended class early. I may be a little after 6:00, but will be there.

Last edited:
Back