• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

fallendown said:
Finally, hanging out with the Tarrant County Crew , those guys are gonna get me in all kinds of trouble.
It's those neer-do-wells from down south that taint the group with all this talk of fried chicken and such (like terrorizing Johnson county back roads)... :roll:

190 Octane said:
I'll be there again tonight.:eat:

Me too. Is anyone coming tonight that has been riding in the Hill Country recently? I've got a couple atlases with me and would sure appreciate pointers on routes to/from and around the area.

Velocipede said:
Me too. Is anyone coming tonight that has been riding in the Hill Country recently? I've got a couple atlases with me and would sure appreciate pointers on routes to/from and around the area.
not sure if i can make it out there tonight.
I just got back from the hill country this past weekend. send me a pm and maybe can answer your questions.
later
Michael

train460 said:
cool. maybe a little earlier than 7:30. will see. look for the mohawk:)
well thought we was gonna be there. 10 minutes before going home they asked me to stay over for 4 hours. didn't get of till 9pm
maybe next week

FJRMike said:
OK - who is going to be at the South Shore Beer Garden for our weekly dinner and bikes routine? I will be there around 6:45 pm.

I will be there (on Wednesday). Getting all sorts of fun dental work done this afternoon, so I may be just watching you all eat an mumbling a bit.

I may stop by. No guarantees.
Do ya'll have a particular spot you tend to congregate at inside?

dukey33 - look for the guys who like like they rode in on motorcycles.. It's not a big place and we always sit outside. We look a lot cooler when we hang around our bikes.

We might drop by for a few minutes, wifey is looking for something a little more stimulating in the food dept. Plus it's the only night we have a sitter, so we want to do more riding and less bench racing...:trust:

A couple of doors down from the Beer Garden is Skipper's Restaurant. They have great Greek food on the dinner menu, and their salads are exceptional, if that's what stimulating means. We race sailboats Weds. nights, but sometimes catch you guys at the end of your evening. One day, I'll bring my bike!

We ended up going to the Sundance Bar and grill, it was very very nice..They have a huge deck on the water, we sat and watched all the sail boat races, it was great.....It's right in the middle of the seabrook shipyard. And we almost had the place to ourselves. But we'll be back soon....

fallendown said:
We ended up going to the Sundance Bar and grill, it was very very nice..They have a huge deck on the water, we sat and watched all the sail boat races, it was great.....It's right in the middle of the seabrook shipyard. And we almost had the place to ourselves. But we'll be back soon....

That place was once "The Regatta Inn." Since I was so fond of its atmosphere, I stopped going once it was sold. Actually had my wedding rehersal dinner in what was once their wine cellar. Best sunset view on the lake. Guess I'll have to check out their menu.

Back