• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

A few of are heading down to Main Street Steakhouse in Danbury for a late lunch tomorrow.

For anyone wanting to join we'll meet at Rudys in Webster at 12:30.

Chad

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Thanks for leading the ride today Chad - before & after dinner. I just about made it home and hit a square edge pothole on that Caleche road on the back way into my subdivision, causing my front tire to blow out. About halfway down the road, I could feel the bike wanting to wash out the front wheel and realized what happened. Manage to limp all the way to the house. Guess the bike is telling me it’s time to mount that new tire and tube that have been sitting in the garage.

Last edited:
Glad you made it without any major damage. Front tire blowouts can be pretty scary.

Great food, great company and a pretty good day for a ride. I'll see everyone Wednesday night.

Chad

Wow, that could be really scary, Jay! Glad it happened on dirt, not pavement. Dirt can be so much more forgiving in situations like that. Thanks for leading a great group today, Chad :thumb:. Food and company was great, but I can't believe we didn't take a single picture!! Gotta remember to do better next time. Sorry we couldn't finish the ride with y'all, but I guess I was being a bit ambitious trying it today; I still need a few more weeks, I guess :-(

I got a couple. Unfortunately, I cut you and me out.
C6CB3BD0-76FC-4B03-B9D1-2058470CA450.jpeg

69B376B5-A203-438C-BCF6-87299671B31C.jpeg

"I got a couple. Unfortunately, I cut you and me out."

LOL, probably a good thing. Well,... me anyway.

Oh, Anna's gonna love you! That's her favorite place!

Anna and I are thinking about trying a little dirt riding on Saturday. Being that she's still pretty new (and my knees are in sorry shape right now), it'll be just an abbreviated version of the Cheeseburger Loop. I'm calling it, the Jr. Cheeseburger Loop, LOL. Starts and ends at a trailhead in the Sam Houston National Forest, and will have us stopping about half way for lunch at Yankees Tavern in Anderson, TX. Weather should be awesome, and we'll be just riding a very relaxed pace, but as always, ride at your own pace. Good way to get your dirt legs initiated.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Jr. Cheeseburger Loop (136).gpx
    263.2 KB · Views: 168
And, just like that, we're out! Sorry guys, but going to be having someone coming over to do some work at the house, and he can only be here tomorrow. Gonna have to take a raincheck.

Sorry about bailing out last weekend, but the weather probably would have been a bit chilly for a ride anyway. Anna and I took the Ridgeline out though, and did some rally driving on the first leg of the ET200 route; man, that was fun in a V6 AWD!! The roads were just perfect too, as they were just a bit damp, so no serious soft sand to speak of.

Anyway, this weekend's weather is looking to be pretty awesome so far, so thinking about cashing in on that raincheck for the Jr. Cheeseburger Loop. Meet up at the starting point as shown on the GPX file above at 0900, and kickstands up by1000. Anyone up for it?

I should be in for the ride on Saturday.

Anyone up for Mediterraneo tomorrow night?

I will be off this Wednesday for Veterans Day. A few of us are planning to ride to The Jay for lunch.

For anyone wanting to join, let's meet at Rudys at 9:30, kickstands up at 10:00.

Chad

Last edited:
Darmie and I will not be able to join y'all for the ride on Wednesday. Anyone else not going please let me know and we can plan alternative dinner plans.

We shortened the ride up a bit to help with time, and Rob's still healing knees.

We'll be heading to The Jay instead of Murphy's, and meeting at 9:30 instead of 8:30 at Rudy's. I also edited my previous post to reflect this.

Should give us plenty of time to make it back for dinner at Sudie's.

Chad

Back