• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Cli-MaxRidingGear.com

Re: There’s a new Vendor in town!!

Tom, whats the ETA on the new Spot? And is there any word that there will be any form of rebate to go along with them?

Tom, whats the ETA on the new Spot? And is there any word that there will be any form of rebate to go along with them?

Have not heard of any rebates as it will be too new. Should have an update on the New Spot any day now. Look for it today or tomorrow?

The New SPOT should be widely available in November, no rebates that I am aware of.

Thanks for the question Bill.

We can't advertise our VholdR sales prices, but they were much cheaper than the last post.

However, if you come into our On-line Store.... you can see what special pricing is available. Here's how!

Add the VholdR Camera to your Shopping Basket & Use this Special Discount Promotion Code for Great Savings - Code: vholdr

At the bottom of the Check Out screen, after you put in your name and address, simply type in vholdr in the field labeled Promotion Code! Continue through the screens until you see the price. You will not be disappointed with your discounted price! Lastly, not to worry - you will NOT be committing to an order and NOTHING is saved until you hit "Confirm" so it is safe to look!
http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-40/Vholdr-ContourHD-Camera-Contour/Detail

Also, the Gorilla is currently priced at $136.50. Even lower than last post. Great Time to Save!

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-1/Gorilla-7017-2-way/Detail

If you are in the market for this camera this is undoubtedly the best deal going.

I was trying to see the price but it asks for my credit card info. Do I have to do all that before I can see the price?

Thanks,
Vaughn

I was trying to see the price but it asks for my credit card info. Do I have to do all that before I can see the price?

Thanks,
Vaughn

Vaughn,

At the bottom of the Check Out screen, after you put in your name and address, simply type in the word vholdr in the field labeled Promotion Code! Continue through the screens until you see the price.

Your Credit Card Info does not register in the card processor's server UNTIL you click CONFIRM. Not to worry - you will NOT be committing to an order and the card processor will not receive any information until you "Confirm" so it is safe to look! Under any/all circumstances, credit card is purged, and never stored by or in our store.

VholdR as well as several manufacturers that have MAP programs DICTATE you can not sell at discounted prices for any reason, that is - until they are firmly in your store and ready to checkout - sort of like "at the cash register" but before money exchanges hands. Sorry for the trouble, but it is not our doing. This is really the only way around it - but it is a safe look.

Winter Clearance Items

These are Brand New. Most items we have one, some we have 2 left. Pay with paypal or I can set up a number on our site for credit card. Most can ship for 10.00, saddlebags will be more, Texas residents will pay tax.

There is more to come.......

First up we have,

FirstGear Laguna Mini Hard Tank Bag 49.00 + 10.00 to ship

This listing features the Firstgear Laguna Mini Hard Tank Bag Semi rigid, thermoformed outer case holds its shape even when empty Comes with water-resistant zippers, and shoulder strap for off motorcycle use Mounts using strap, suction cup, or magnetic attachment points to fit just about every bike! Other features:
• Window to see your GPS, MP3, or Cell phone!
• Upper electronics/map portion is detachable, so no leaving valuables on the bike
• Sufficient space for wallet and an emergency rain suit
• Backed by Firstgears 1-year limited warranty
• Dimensions: Main Bag: 8”L x 10-1/2”W x 4”H with a capacity of 336c.i. Top Bag: 8”L x 10”W x 1”H with a capacity of 80c.i

LagunaMiniHard-1.jpg

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-52/Firstgear-Laguna-mini-hard/Detail

FirstGear Laguna Saddlebags 109.00 + 16.00 to ship

Roomy and Rugged motorcycle saddlebags! Look at these features!
• Compressed - 19”L x 10-1/2”W x 9-1/2”H 1,805c.i. and expanded - 19”L x 12-1/2”W x 9-1/2”H 2,166c.i.
• RoadTex 1680D and 200D nylon with PVC coating and UV protection
• Expandable from 1800 to 2500 cubic inches
• Non-abrasive, not slip material on exterior inward-facing side wall
• Heat-resistant base to help protect the bag from accidental momentary contact with exhausts
• Double pull, top access zippers for easy access to contents without your gear falling out
• Light colored inside liner so that you can find items in the dark
• Sidewall and base reinforced for strength and shape retention Inboard and outboard side pockets
• Internal, zippered document pockets
• Comfortable soft grip handle for convenient carrying
• Extra bright reflective piping and Firstgear logo
• Heavy duty zippers with extra long pulls to assure easy use even with gloves
• Equipped with an attached rain cover inside a concealed zippered pocket
• Sold as a pair and with 2 sets of shoulder straps, and bungee cords
• 1-year limited warranty

FirstGearLagunaSaddlebagsD.jpg

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-54/FirstGear-Laguna-motorcycle-Saddlebags/Detail

FirstGear Laguna Tail Bag 77.00

FirsGear Laguna Tail Bag for serious touring. The Laguna motorcycle line incorporates features that are unmatched in the industry. From the pop-up GPS mount, to the cell phone and MP3 player pocket, we have thought of everything. Also included are plenty of pockets and an integrated, stowable rain cover. It’s the only motorcycle luggage system you will need. This Tail Bag offers the same style, utility and flexibility as the rest of the line fabricated from RoadTex
• 1000D nylon with PVC coating and UV protection.
• Large capacity and expandable by 3 inches.
• Easily accessible zippered pockets.
• Reflective piping to enhance night visibility from both the front and sides
• Soft flannel lining protects valuables with a moveable partition for flexible loading
• Zippered pocket inside of top cover for documents or other flat items
• Mesh lid attaches with built in bungee cords
• 2 lower flaps to insure secure mounting to the bike
• Equipped with an attached rain cover inside a concealed zippered pocket
• Comes with a shoulder strap to ease off-bike transportation

FirstGearLagunaTailBag2.jpg

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-55/FirstGear-Laguna-motorcycle-Tail/Detail

Here's More,

FirstGear Laguna Mini Tank Bag $71.84 + 10.00 Shipping

This FirstGear mini tank bag for motorcycles includes many features found only in full-sized tank bags. The entire bag is expandable and zips away from the base. After separating the bag from the base, the removable base has a transparent map/notes pocket with zipper! Constructed of heavy-duty 1680D nylon and 1200D polyester with PVC coating and UV protection. Light grey on the inside aids in finding items in the dark. Soft integrated handle for easy tranporting and bag includes shoulder strap for toting long distances! Easily expandable. Compressed size: 9.5"L x 12"W x 8"H. Expanded: 9.5"L x 12"W x 9.5"H

LagunaMiniTankBag.jpg

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-56/FirstGear-Laguna-Mini-Tank/Detail

FirstGear Monza Tank Bag & Backpack 99.21 + 10 Shipping ALL SOLD

New stylish sport curved look for your motorcycle!
• Carbon fiber look handle, pockets and trim
• 1680D nylon coated with PVC and UV protection
• Non-slip material on the base section
• Choice of 3 methods of attachment: heavy-duty magnets, heavy-duty suction cups or straps
• Lower section can stay attached to the bike, just slip off the backpack and carry it away
• Real backpack-style reinforced and padded straps
• Detachable Base unit can be used as a map case or small bag for short trips
• Features a dual zippered side pockets, map case, and a transparent electronics pocket with wire port for use with your MP3 player or other devices
• Waterproof cover included
• Comfortable, ergonomic carry handle and shoulder strap
• Interior mesh and zippered pockets
• Reflective piping and Firstgear® logo
• Reinforced side walls
• Large reflective strip on the front of the bag is visible when you are using it as a backpack
• Compressed Size: 16” L x 10” W x 10-1/2” H

FirstGearMozaTankBag.jpg

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-57/FirstGear-Monza-Tank-Bag/Detail

Kryptonite 6' Combination Cable Lock Kryptoflex 1018

$15.00 + 10.00 Shipping

Combination Cable Lock for locking motorcycle helmets, coats, and luggage to your bike. Safe & Secure!
• Integrated 4 digit re-settable combination lock with indexed number dials for error free setting.
• Flexible, braided steel cable for increased cut resistance.
• Lock head rotates 360 degrees for easier handling during lock-up and removal.

Kryptoflex_6foot.jpg

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-38/Kryptonite-6'-Combination-Kryptoflex/Detail

Xena XX-10 Motorcycle Disc Lock WITH Alarm 74.00 + 10.00 Shipping

Stop thieves with a self-arming front motorcycle disc brake lock!
• Double locking 3/8" 10 MM carbide reinforced Disc locking pin
• High nickel content stainless steel construction
• Maximum security key and barrel
• Lock measures 3 1/2" long X 2 1/2" tall
• Built-in 110 db, shock and motion sensors

Xenaxx10.jpg

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-19/Xena-Disc-Locks,-Xena/Detail

I do like those disc locks that are alarmed. Not just for the theft avoidance, but it keeps me from trying to take off while it is still locked on the disc. :uhoh:

My buddy has the Xena lock and that thing is LOUD. I don't know if it's the same model you have, but it's a very nice lock indeed.

I do like those disc locks that are alarmed. Not just for the theft avoidance, but it keeps me from trying to take off while it is still locked on the disc. :uhoh:

My buddy has the Xena lock and that thing is LOUD. I don't know if it's the same model you have, but it's a very nice lock indeed.

You never cease to amaze me Bill, I never thought about that and you are the first to bring it up! :thumb:

You never cease to amaze me Bill, I never thought about that and you are the first to bring it up! :thumb:

Well, I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but so far I've got loads of bad experiences to draw from. :lol2:

All the Monza Tank Bags above are sold. If you need any of this we have fantastic pricing on the above, get'um now.

All the above luggage has been sold, still available but not at those prices. I might be posting a few more items in a bit.

Locks still available.

We now have in stock the New Drift X170 Camera, this is different from the other helmet cams as it has a built-in LCD screen & Remote control. All mounts are included and no accessories to buy...except you may want rechargeable batteries and a charger.

Unlike the Gopro this has the standard camera mount on the bottom.

As of now we are including 4GB of memory.

Just arrive and I did not get to use the test model so our experience is limited.

8-box.jpg

12-contents.jpg

11-cam3.jpg

7-goggles.jpg

9-cam1.jpg

bike-mount.jpg

handheld.jpg

head-mountable.jpg

helmet-mount.jpg

helmet-mount-1.jpg

remote-control.jpg

Features

* Multiple Mounting Design
* 1.5” Colour LCD Screen
* RF Wireless Remote Control
* Video and Photo Capture (up to 16GB)
* Wide Angle Field of View (170°)
* Hands Free Video and Photo
* Built-in Microphone & Speaker
* User Friendly Control Panel
* Waterproof (to 0.5m)
* 5MP Sensor
* Multi Sport Mounting (Package includes Handlebar Grip, Goggle Mount, Helmet Grip, Head Strap, Velcro Strap and Universal Mount)
* 1 year Manufacturer's Warranty

Tech Specs

* Sensor type: CMOS
* Video resolution: 720 x 480 pixels
* Lens angle: 170°
* Built-in microphone & speaker
* Video format: MP4 or MJPEG AVI (user selectable)
* Frames per second: 30 fps
* Video format: 4:3 or 16:9 (user selectable)
* Batteries: 2x 1.5V AA batteries (Lithium recommended)
* Built-in memory: 32 MB
* SD memory capacity: Supports memory cards up to 16 GB
* Photo resolution: 5 Megapixel
* Exposure: Auto
* LCD screen: 1.5” colour TFT
* Lens focal range: 0.5m to infinity
* Dimensions: Camera - 133 (L) x 50 (D) x 33 (W) mm / Remote Control – 52 (L) x 40 (W) x 13 (D) mm
* Power: Camera - DC 3V, 2x AA batteries (included) / Remote control: DC 3C, 1x CR2032 battery (included)
* RF: Receiver (Camera): 433.92MHz ISM band / Transmitter (Remote): 433.92MHz ISM band
* Weight: Camera - 128g / Remote control - 19g

Included in the Box

* X170 Action Camera
* Remote Control
* Handlebar Grip
* Goggle Mount
* Head Strap
* Helmet Grip
* Universal CLip
* Velcro Strap
* Industrial strength velcro adhesive pad
* AV Cable for play back on TV
* USB Cable for downloading to a computer
* 2 AA batteries
* Quick Guide to get started

Plus 4GB of Memory

Warranty is being handled by the Mfg/Distributor

Drift X170
http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-1024/Drift-Innovation-X170-/Detail

Terry, I'd love to hear what you guys think about the Drift vs. the other cameras on the market. So far, that looks like a pretty nice setup.

It does look like a cool setup Bill!

Right now I have not had much of a chance to play with any of these, I would like to try each one plus a few others but time does not permit the luxury and does not appear to let up any time soon. Tom has limited experience with some of these and may have noted that here.

http://bikerinfosite.com/

In time we hope this changes where we have more time for some reviews.

It does look like a cool setup Bill!

Right now I have not had much of a chance to play with any of these, I would like to try each one plus a few others but time does not permit the luxury and does not appear to let up any time soon. Tom has limited experience with some of these and may have noted that here.

http://bikerinfosite.com/

In time we hope this changes where we have more time for some reviews.

Any chance you might be able to set up something where TWT members can test products for you and submit reviews? There are several folks here that I think would be very good at that.

Any chance you might be able to set up something where TWT members can test products for you and submit reviews? There are several folks here that I think would be very good at that.

Excuse my slow response time, I reformatted my C drive over the weekend and played catchup.

This is something that was running through my mind as I was responding to Bill, Tom and I both have an interest.

A few obstacles have to be worked out, we would need someone who had writing/descriptive skills, one of the biggest hurdles is some item markups are slim with little room to sell an item as Open-Box or Test Unit, logistics to and from as shipping would add to the cost, etc.

I sound cautionary but don't take that as pessimistic, as we grow this is something I would like to see work more and more.

If anyone has ideas, lets hear them.

What about a comments/review section on your product pages? I know, every site is doing it, but at least it's a decent compromise.

I will be honest though, I would find it a huge plus for someone from this forum to give a review of a product over someone that I don't know at all. There is something about this forum where you like to think that we've all got each others backs. Plus, we know the riding styles of quite a few of the members on here, so it give a little more credibility to the potential reviews.

Hint, hint... I would love to be a beta tester on the Scala G4 units....LOL Actually I might be buying a set of Q2's fairly soon from you. I just can't afford the G4's right now.

We actually have "comment" capability on BikerInfoSite.com though it is tied to reviews, news, and info articles - just not on Cli-MAX.

I have been using the new Q4 and like it. It is slightly less sensitive than the Q2, but that's a good thing. IMO, the Q2 is a little too sensitive. Either unit works flawlessly on Full Face helmets. Blue tooth is GREAT! Phone interface -Fantastic, clarity - like your home phone.

You notice I said "works flawlessly on Full Face helmets." Use them on open face behind windshields on cruisers, you will pick-up wind noise from the mics at speed and the units will not cycle off. This said - we sell a fair number of Scalas with nary a one returned as people and common sense tells you to expect wind noise on open face helmets. Use them on a naked bike with an open face and forget it.

Back to G4. The antenna has to be up for any range at all, but boy... the range is fantastic. Lose line-of-sight and it diminishes quickly. Keep line of sight open, and it gives you the confidence if there was not a curve or bump in road - you could stretch it out forever. Realistically? I think you could get a mile out of it. We were cutting in and out at approx 1 mile, but had problems getting a good line-of-sight that far apart. It was crystal clear though until we started losing line of site. At that point the volume diminished and breakups occurred.

The phone worked over the unit flawlessly and auto cuts off MP3, GPS, or intercom when the phone rings. Easy phone activation. You can activate by voice or button. My callers never knew I was on my bike (BMW RT w/open face helmet) - it was that good. The person testing with me was on a HD Superglide, full face, loud pipes, and I did not hear his motor or wind noise. Nice!

Don't remember exactly, but the unit is good for approx 8-9 hours of continuous TALK time so if you leave it in active/open mode you still don't need to worry about running out of battery, but would recharge at night. Use it in auto mode, it could last you up all week with casual talk - really. I have used mine for 4 days of normal communication with no recharge.

Volume is adjustable. If you just Velcro the speakers in your helmet, it may not be loud enough if you are hard of hearing like me. If you take an extra Velcro set, cut a patch of hooks and a patch of mat, "sticky" them back to back to make a "spacer" that moves the speakers closer to your ears - it's such a dramatic improvement you won't believe it. Scala tells you to move them closer to your ears but does not tell you how. This method is clean, easy, and effective.

Hope this helps!

Be famous! Or, just help out a fellow rider with your knowledge.
Want to write a review or pass on some wisedom? Submit ideas to Terry or myself and we will let you know how they may fit and consider them for publishing on BikerInfoSite.com.

We are using BikerInfoSite.com for Reviews, News, Guides, Manuals, and other useful info as we come across it. Eventually, at some point, Terry has a battery of Mods for Magnas he is going to publish. He seems to have a gift for making Magnas "Sing." I have done some repairs and mods on RTs that could interest others also that include pics & parts list so tech info is also fair game.

Last edited:

Terry or Tom, I have a question for you guys. If I ordered a Scala Q2 two-pack tomorrow morning, when could I expect to get it? Rachel and I are leaving out on a camping trip this weekend and were wondering if it would come in time.

Terry or Tom, I have a question for you guys. If I ordered a Scala Q2 two-pack tomorrow morning, when could I expect to get it? Rachel and I are leaving out on a camping trip this weekend and were wondering if it would come in time.

Bill you order the Q2 Multiset on Tuesday morning and you will have it on Wednesday. Once shipped you will get another email with tracking info, ships Fedex Ground.

You tha man! Thanks for the info Terry. :)

Back