• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Cli-MaxRidingGear.com

Re: There’s a new Vendor in town!!

:tab If the bluetooth works great with cell phones, and you and your riding buddy both have cell phones, I would think you could get GREAT range just by using the cell phones to communicate. Line of sight would be a non issue so long as both of you had good cell reception at the time :trust:

Correct Scott, unlimited pending on cell service. :sun: I never used, because I am not updated to a BT phone, this feature but Tom loves it and says it works well. maybe Bill below has a BT cell phone he can try it out with. After 3-4 hours charge time Bill should be up and running.

DFW Warrior will be doing a review of the Q2 Multisets in due time, now I just put Bill's feet in the fire....change it to, Bill will probably be doing a review.

Hopefully his review will not start out like.......well I ordered this from Cli-max and told I would receive it before this weekend because of my trip except I never received it.... :-P

Yep, Rachel and I both have bluetooth phones so that is indeed a possibility that we can try out. Of course the hard part with that is that we will have to be able to initiate the call while riding. But that is doable.

I'll post up a review of them in a few days!

Yep, Rachel and I both have bluetooth phones so that is indeed a possibility that we can try out. Of course the hard part with that is that we will have to be able to initiate the call while riding. But that is doable.

I'll post up a review of them in a few days!

:tab I've never messed with anything blue tooth and am using an old cell phone. I wonder though if yours might allow for voice activated dialing? If so, that would be real convenient!

:tab Other than when riding with Squeaky... my experience using communicators was that the talking was kept to a minimum. We did not carry on conversations. We limited our communication to things like, "I'm hungry," "I need gas," "I need to whiz...," etc,... I turned mine off about halfway through the ride up to Arkansas with Squeaky. She was so busy yakking it took her a while to figure out what I had done :lol2: Back when Beth and I used to run a lot of group rides, having the ability for the ride leader to talk to the sweep was great. I've not used one in several years now though. However, this past week while riding off road in New Mexico, they would have come in REAL handy!

I'll have to play with it. I know my phone has voice dialing, but I don't know if I'd have to push a button to activate the voice dialing or if it's just always scanning and waiting to hear my voice. I'll be messing with it for sure I can promise you. I just think it's going to be a really nice com setup with the bonus of being able to answer my phone when need be.

Scala Q2 initial thoughts

Well, we ordered yesterday and when we got home today there was a box waiting on the porch for us. Good start I think! As a vendor, I can give Terry and Tom two big thumbs up for being prompt, friendly, and getting the product out very fast.

The install was cake. I pulled the cheek pads of my Scorpion out, and literally 10 minutes later my helmet was back together. The Scala does mount fairly secure, but I will want to see the longer term durability of the mount before saying it's either awesome, or not. It reminds me very much of my old Chatterbox mount that gave me nothing but trouble, but this isn't a bulky and heavy Chatterbox setup, so it might be just fine.

Scott, I'm pleased to tell you that the bluetooth voice dialing and receiving works like a champ. I did find out that my phone (Samsung Blackjack 2) does not have voice dialing, but one of the programs that comes with Windows Mobile 6.1 and later is Voice Command. It's a much more powerful program than most on-board voice dialers. There are no names to program, no recordings you have to prerecord, you just enable it, and start speaking. It will take what you speak and search your phone's contact list for the corresponding name. All of this is accessible while wearing the helmet and just pushing the control button on the Q2.

I'll let you know in a few days how the com works out, but so far our testing has been limited to Rachel in the bedroom and me in the living room, both of us with our helmets on trying to figure out all the little details of these things.:-)

Bill, mine has been on my helmet through miles and miles of my style of riding. That is.... it has been through the rocks, the washouts, the mudhole dives, the rain storms, and the general off road shenanigans that you know I do. It has not moved or loosened in all of that time. I suspect that your setup will fare as well as mine has.

Great, glad you received it okay! No more midnight calls from Bill to see if I actually shipped it. :-P

I wondered about voice dial and see Scott made mention of it. Mine is not setup for voice dial but you do have to push a button before you say a name.

Bill, is Windows Mobile something you downloaded into your phone? Does this work for any phone?

Ed, which one do you have? I have not been through what Ed has but my experience has been the same with the mounts regarding street riding. You will be putting yours through much more than I Bill so YMMV.

As far as I know Terry, it's something that came on my phone when I bought it. But I do know there are sites around where you can get hacked versions of the software. I have no idea what phones they work on, or how to make them work, but I have had computer friends of mine talk about downloading them and loading the software on their phones.

Terry, I have the Scala Q2. Its matched unit was stolen along with a helmet some time back. One of these days (round tuit) I will need to buy a replacement.

Ok... color me stupid.... but doesn't it seem a little silly to have a pop-up gps mount, mp3 player pocket, and cell phone pocket on a TAIL BAG?
I'm hoping this is just a misprint? :lol2:

FirstGear Laguna Tail Bag 77.00

FirsGear Laguna Tail Bag for serious touring. The Laguna motorcycle line incorporates features that are unmatched in the industry. From the pop-up GPS mount, to the cell phone and MP3 player pocket, we have thought of everything. Also included are plenty of pockets and an integrated, stowable rain cover. It’s the only motorcycle luggage system you will need. This Tail Bag offers the same style, utility and flexibility as the rest of the line fabricated from RoadTex
• 1000D nylon with PVC coating and UV protection.
• Large capacity and expandable by 3 inches.
• Easily accessible zippered pockets.
• Reflective piping to enhance night visibility from both the front and sides
• Soft flannel lining protects valuables with a moveable partition for flexible loading
• Zippered pocket inside of top cover for documents or other flat items
• Mesh lid attaches with built in bungee cords
• 2 lower flaps to insure secure mounting to the bike
• Equipped with an attached rain cover inside a concealed zippered pocket
• Comes with a shoulder strap to ease off-bike transportation

FirstGearLagunaTailBag2.jpg

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-55/FirstGear-Laguna-motorcycle-Tail/Detail

Ok... color me stupid.... but doesn't it seem a little silly to have a pop-up gps mount, mp3 player pocket, and cell phone pocket on a TAIL BAG?
I'm hoping this is just a misprint? :lol2:

Wondering when someone was going to catch that. :clap: :oops:

Now if you could use this charger send me your address and I will get it sent your way.

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-8/6-12--volt/Detail

Ed, at least you have one you can sync up with Bill so you guys can discuss the latest news.

Wow...
What a cool deal. I just received a package in the mail, containing a small 6-12 V battery charger. How cool is THAT? Free of charge, simply cause these are good guys.
I know I'll be checking their site first, when I need something "motorcycle-ish"... I recommend you check out their website... they have LOTS of things I didn't think they would, being a relatively new company, and all.

great start, guys... I'm impressed.

Re: There’s a new Vendor in town!! - Cli-Max Gear/Accessories

Hmmmm... So after getting the Q2's on June 2nd and charging them up, I haven't had to charge them since then. :eek2: Granted, I have been off the bike for the past two weeks due to injury, and also Rachel has come down with a hurt back, so no bike riding for the past 14 days. But before that we have used them 5 days a week, to and from work as comms as well as phone headsets when the need arose. Needless to say I am quite impressed with the battery life.

Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to buy some Chatterbox GMRSx1's I have two of them that are going up for sale very soon. ;-)

I don't remember exactly, but the Q2's have something like a 10 day "standby or 9 hour continuous talk capacity. This is really nice for trips because you don't have to charge-up very often.

Hey guys,

I need 2 tires that come to a total of $99.37. Do you have an inexpensive item for a dollar or two that I could add so I could get the free shipping?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I need 2 tires that come to a total of $99.37. Do you have an inexpensive item for a dollar or two that I could add so I could get the free shipping?

Thanks!

You bet.

This array of care items.
http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-Apparel-cln-Care-Items/Categories

If you have battery maintenance chargers, there are extra fused connections.
http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-Chargers-fdsh-Jumpers/Categories

Sunglasses
http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-1172/undercover-eyewear-iron-horse/Detail

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-1174/undercover-eyewear-small-fit/Detail

LED lights
http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/se...earchpath/115451/start/25/total/78/Categories

Might try a PIAA replacement bulb, more than a few dollars but if you ever wanted to try one. Jbay has bought one if you want a members perspective.
http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-Lighting-&-Hardware-cln-Replacement-Bulbs/Categories

Soft Tie Down Extensions
http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-Trailering-Accessories/Categories

Many tires are back-ordered from the factory and it may be winter it seems before they are back in stock, you might shoot me what you need and let me check on the tires needed.

On another note...... keep your eye peeled on this thread unless Scott will allow us to post something in what I call the Public/Main forum as we will be starting something fun for the TWT crew.

To everyone who has bought or is thinking of buying the Scala G-4, I was told at the dealer show that the new "Fall" software updates you can download will include adjustable mic sensitivity for voice activation. Just FYI.

CONTEST

So here is the Contest:

The 15th person who finds the - Two Wheeled Texan logo, that has been hidden in our site wins! :clap:

Click around and look through the different catagories for the TWTEX Helmet. It's that simple! After finding the TWTEX logo, just follow the link for futher instructions.

What do you win?

A bottle of Nikwax:

Nikwax TX Direct Wash-in
- a Wash-in Waterproofing Treatment

Restore water repellency to coats, shirts and rain gear with Nikwax TX-Direct 2.0 wash-in water repellent treatment.
• Unlike spray-on treatments, wash-in application ensures that the entire garment is thoroughly coated for optimal performance
• A single treatment lasts through several future washings
• Washing machine safe; one 10 ounce bottle is enough to treat several garments
• Safe for use on Gore-Tex®, REI Elements®, Ultrex®, Entrant®, SympaTex® and eVent® laminate fabrics
• 10 oz bottles

I have used it on Cordura jackets that only claimed to be water resistant and have had great luck this product. Good stuff!

* Prize will be shipped to Winner.

Last edited:

OK... a few hints on the contest:

1. This is TWTEX with lots of dual sport riders
2. You need dual sport tires - right?

This is the Logo you are looking for, I think just the Helmet though.

twtlogo.gif

Since this is dual-sport oriented we are adding to the Nikwax below, a Camelbak Rogue, Black/Charcoal is the color, any other color will cost.

The Camelbak Rogue Hydration System has a 70 oz Omega HydroTitanium reservoir.

* Secure storage for tools and essentials.
* Reflective material for higher visibility at night.
* 5mm closed cell foam insulation keeps water cool

The Winner of the TWT Contest now receives both the Nikwax and the Camelback in Black/Charcoal.

CamelbakRogue.jpg

nikwax-tx-direct-med.jpg

The TWT Contest;

So here is the Contest:

The 15th person who finds the - Two Wheeled Texan logo, that has been hidden in our site wins! :clap:

Click around and look through the different catagories for the TWTEX Helmet. It's that simple! After finding the TWTEX logo, just follow the link for futher instructions.

What do you win?

A bottle of Nikwax:

Nikwax TX Direct Wash-in
- a Wash-in Waterproofing Treatment

Restore water repellency to coats, shirts and rain gear with Nikwax TX-Direct 2.0 wash-in water repellent treatment.
• Unlike spray-on treatments, wash-in application ensures that the entire garment is thoroughly coated for optimal performance
• A single treatment lasts through several future washings
• Washing machine safe; one 10 ounce bottle is enough to treat several garments
• Safe for use on Gore-Tex®, REI Elements®, Ultrex®, Entrant®, SympaTex® and eVent® laminate fabrics
• 10 oz bottles

I have used it on Cordura jackets that only claimed to be water resistant and have had great luck this product. Good stuff!

* Prize will be shipped to Winner.

Ahhh, that makes it easier. I found it although I doubt that I'm number 15.

Three more came through today, 4-5 more, I will have to count them and we'll have a winner!

Another one came in, we are down to three left....who's it gonna be?

Back