• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Close to Austin

Reaction score
Good morning!

I was hoping to find a place to ride close to Austin (maybe within an hour or so) for an early morning ride on Saturday. Someone had mentioned an abandoned housing development in Bastrop. Anyone have any details on that? Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get some dirt time in before the TAT in October.

Thanks!

Hidden Falls will provide everything you need and more. On 1431. About an hour from Austin. $27 a day. You can look at their web page for more info.

The Bastrop Trails are something like Isla de Muerta in the Pirates of the Caribbean. It can only be found by those who know where it is.

All faux comedy and drama aside it's been an ongoing habit on the forum not to post directions to the trails online. There are riders out there every weekend and they post up here on the forum. You may want to follow one of their rides to get to the place. It's really a lot of fun riding, but it's better not to ride it alone, especially the first time.

Our next "scheduled" Bastrop ride is 8-25. I'll post up in the trip planning forum once it gets a little closer.

Vinny, are there enough easy trails/jeep roads at Hidden Falls to accommodate a dude like myself who hasn't done much offroad in a few years? Would the easy loop at Emma Long be better?

Vinny, are there enough easy trails/jeep roads at Hidden Falls to accommodate a dude like myself who hasn't done much offroad in a few years? Would the easy loop at Emma Long be better?

Interested in this answer as well as someone with very minimal/almost null dirt experience.

You can ride the ATV trails until you feel comfortable enough to get into the dirt bike trails at HF.

No easy area at Emma Long City park. Dont go there unless you want damage to your bike and maybe you. Practice for a few months or years first.

Also, depends what you are riding. I didn't see that info on your signature area.

You can ride the ATV trails until you feel comfortable enough to get into the dirt bike trails at HF.

No easy area at Emma Long City park. Dont go there unless you want damage to your bike and maybe you. Practice for a few months or years first.

Good to know. Updated my signature. Don't own a dirt bike, looking for more 'adventurous' paths.

Fair enough. HF it is.

Good morning!

I was hoping to find a place to ride close to Austin (maybe within an hour or so) for an early morning ride on Saturday. Someone had mentioned an abandoned housing development in Bastrop. Anyone have any details on that? Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get some dirt time in before the TAT in October.

Thanks!

We'll be in Bastrop on Saturday, if you want to join us.

KSU at 9:15, at Bucee's in Bastrop. Or you can meet us to ride out at 8:15 out on 969.

Looks like I've got to help someone move, unfortunately, so I won't be able to make this one...having a truck sucks sometimes.

Back