• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cloud choice comments

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
I wanted to wait for the contest to be over before I posted these. I selected the first, but wanted to see if others thought it was the best of the bunch. I also was wondering if anything I did well in these caught anybody's eye and what stood out that could have been done better.

IMG_1431-1.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

Rusty--
I like the last one especially the reflection/refraction of the clouds.

The first one I find the sun distracting. Kinda like in the ones J and I took the night at Herman Park with the lamp in the edge. Once I looked over mine I realized it didn't add anything to mine. The sun just draws my attention. That being said, the cloud pattern is very cool. Perhaps cropping would have helped?

The 3rd shot with the sun in the trees. Again the sun drew my full attention away from the rest of the shot. I'm struggling with how to use the sun/moon/light as a backdrop but yet not being an attention catcher.

Overall I really like the shots and enjoy looking at what you shoot. I've been so busy with work the D90 is sitting in the case collecting dust bunnies. :eek2:

For the assignment, I rather like the first one with the sun centered high in the shot. There's two trees that sort of stand out a bit of bottom center/left, but I still like the shot. I also like the last one for the assignment, but maybe would have shopped out the white strip on the house in the bottom. The orange colors really stand out to me and I probably would have submitted that one.

Shot two for me doesn't have a frame of reference. I could be looking up at the clouds just as easy as seeing a shot from the space shuttle looking down at clouds over the ocean. I do like the 'peanut' on the right side....

Shots 3 and 4 are just shots of the sky for me. I do sort of like how the sun peeks through the trees with it's flare.

I think the last one was really on the right track, but that's just me.

Back