• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cloudcroft or Red River

Reaction score
Any adult group D/S trips planned for Aug/Sept? Casual, exploratory type riding, no top dog--hold my beer type stuff.

Check out Red River, it needs more 2 wheeled traffic. Never saw another Adventure, DS or dirt bike in three days.

1625257323453.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I spent a week in Red River once. I was the only motorcycle within 50 miles. I suspect it is easier riding than Cloudcroft. I have heard those trails are pretty rough? Red River did not seem too bad. I'll bet September is infinitely less crowded than August. I just got back from a Co/Wy/Id/Mt loop, and everything was STUPID crowded.

While this is not CC or RR, it might be a good option.

Thanks to all. No one in my area rides any more so I really appreciate the info and suggestions. Have skied at Red River many times and always wondered about the riding. Love the area and plenty for my wife to do if she goes along. I think RR is much MUCH easier to get to than Cloudcroft also. Sure would like to get with a group of folks for an RR run if possible, but ready for both locations. And yes, after school starts is much better than full on vacation season. Sept is perfect but except for hurricanes I can travel anytime. Now I have to find another bike!

Yeah, I spent a week in Red River once. I was the only motorcycle within 50 miles. I suspect it is easier riding than Cloudcroft. I have heard those trails are pretty rough? Red River did not seem too bad. I'll bet September is infinitely less crowded than August. I just got back from a Co/Wy/Id/Mt loop, and everything was STUPID crowded.
Elephant Rock trail system near Red River is open now providing more single track. Red River trails, especially the ATV trails are easier than the harder Cloudcroft trails.

Elephant Rock trail system near Red River is open now providing more single track. Red River trails, especially the ATV trails are easier than the harder Cloudcroft trails.
Easier sounds good to a guy who
s scared of drop-offs, lol!

Have ridden snowmobiles at RR on ski trips, don't remember any drop-off areas. They use the same trails mostly. I'm game for a trip, Tahoe is good for three and gear. No smokers and am a motel/cabin guy.

Back