• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CMRA Sprints this Sunday

Hmm

Reaction score
Here's a heads up for fans of the go-fast. This Saturday and Sunday, 2/16 and 2/17, Central Motorcycle Racing Association will have their sprint races at MSR Houston just a bit south of Houston off of hwy 288. A good venue to hang out, watch bikes and talk to fellow riders. This club is grassroots road racing and has had several world champions cut their teeth in the club before rising up in motorcycle racing. If you are looking for somewhere to ride to this weekend, this could be an option.

This club is grassroots road racing and has had several world champions cut their teeth in the club before rising up in motorcycle racing.

Spies and Edwards come to mind. Who else?

John Kosinski won 250cc and superbike world championships as well as racing for 6 years in the 500GP class. He's from Arkansas, but he raced with CRRC/CMRA from the early to mid '80s.

Riders to watch now include Cody Kitchens and Hayden Giatano, as well as a couple of others that I don't know.

Centex - This will be my first trip to MSR. Do you know if they have places to sit?
Yep, some covered bleacher seating above the garages overlooking the front straight.

If you want to take an indoor break head to the registration office directly across the paddock from the bleachers, there's chairs in there, you'll be welcome to use 'em (you can also pick up a printed schedule there and eavesdrop on the track-control radio; usually there's a live-timing display running in registration also).

PS - in CMRA-speak this track is MSRH, to avoid confusion with "MSR" in Cresson ;-)

Enjoy the races!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hmm
Yep, some covered bleacher seating above the garages overlooking the front straight.
I think most of the cover part blew away in the last big storm but there's some left. You can still go up there and stand/sit.

The next round at MSRH will be June 28-30

Lol, mixed weather with a muddy mess off the racing surface lead to LOTS of work for the outrider and corner marshals. I personally did not find myself in the mud but I think there may have been 1 or 2 races out of 21 that didn't have at least one crash, with several having 3+. Honestly it was a mess, I rode around gingerly on DOTs because I didn't have rains.

• Sad
Reactions: Hmm
Lol, mixed weather with a muddy mess off the racing surface lead to LOTS of work for the outrider and corner marshals. I personally did not find myself in the mud but I think there may have been 1 or 2 races out of 21 that didn't have at least one crash, with several having 3+. Honestly it was a mess, I rode around gingerly on DOTs because I didn't have rains.
I stayed home and watched the NASCAR Demolition 500. :lol2:

Riders to watch now include Cody Kitchens and Hayden Giatano, as well as a couple of others that I don't know.

Hayden Giarratano ain't slow. He has that lilttle kid racer punk attitude to back it up too. And a heck of a nice Dad who supports him. And a heck of a rider koach, kk47. Hey Scott!!!

Back