• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY Cold front coming in. Heading to the Hill Country Aug 19-21

pacman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Well, lower 90s. That's cold isn't it?

It's been years since I rode the sisters and other hill country roads. Heading down next week for a couple days of paved riding. Anyone want to join?

I still have a few left but I'm not taking any for this trip. I'll be working from my "home office" behind the handlebars. Home office for me just means being available to take occasional support calls.

Problem is that this time of the year, the "cold front" is usually accompanied by rain... or at least increased chance of it.

Then again, that might not bother you. :)

There's a bit of a chance, but not too bad. Decent chance on Monday, but mostly single digits the rest of the week.

Well, scratch that idea. Job is sending me to San Diego. That's what I get for making plans without taking PTO.......:giveup:

Well, scratch that idea. Job is sending me to San Diego. That's what I get for making plans without taking PTO.......:giveup:
Rent a cycle and ride. Weather ought to be good in SD.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

I'm curious how the road surfaces are. Went once last year, and there was too much bleeping chip and seal crap going down.
I thought a lot of the old surfaces were fine, and the new ones made it a LOT worse.
10-12 years ago I'd ride out there in this heat, but just don't enjoy it anymore.
Remember last July when we had that bizarre dry line front thing, and the temps were nice and no humidity for a few days?
I went out there.... in JULY... and was a little chilly in the morning. If only now!!

Remember last July when we had that bizarre dry line front thing, and the temps were nice and no humidity for a few days?
I went out there.... in JULY... and was a little chilly in the morning. If only now!!
I was hoping for somthing like this next week, but forcast does not look like it.
Still, the forcasted 94° and 50% humidity is not too bad at speed.

Sorry guys, look above at my previous posts. My job all of a sudden decided it was time for me to take a trip to San Diego. I haven't traveled out of state in weeks and the day after I plan a ride they come up with this bs. My little trip is off for now. :-(

Forecasted temps are rising like @blupupher mentioned, but it's still in the tolerable range early in the day. I was going to ride in the mornings and drink wine in the afternoons. <sigh>

Back