• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Colorado Fires

šŸ˜­. I'll be there starting Thursday. Will have to keep that in mind. 2020 continues its assault.
Hope weekend rain will help.

I'm still on the fence here...let us know what you think once you get a good look Vinny. Yeah, even if there's a rip runnin orange motorcycle in the pix that cause untold misery back here in the land of tan and crunchy lawns.

Couple weeks near Salaida last year while Methodist mountain canyon fire burned. No effort to put it out while I was there but it sure smoked up the country when the wind was just right. Made for some interesting sunsets...

Summit county raised the fire danger to high today. Fires are allowed only with a permit and proper spark screens in place.

"The wildfire danger in Summit County has changed to HIGH. As a result, all recreational "backyard" campfires temporarily are prohibited, even with a permit. Thank you for your cooperation.

After further discussion with the Summit County commissioners and county management, we have been given the direction to continue to allow backyard campfires -- with a valid permit (which includes a requirement for an adequate spark screen) -- even with our wildfire danger rated HIGH. Please be very careful with fires, never leave them unattended, and fully extinguish them when you are done enjoying them. Please call Summit Fire & EMS if you have any questions or concerns. Apologies for the change of direction and any confusion we may have created."

I've literally heard people down here say that they like it when the wind blows good because their trash Burns good. :whatever:

Hopefully damper conditions soon 2in2out

PS, tested out the new smoke trainer, it works

Wasn't there something on spinal tap movie where there was too much fog?

Just came back from 10 days in CO. No fires seen. Was around Central City, Crested Butte and Lake City. Only place with fire ban was around Central City.

Attachments

• 20200628_082630.jpg
    20200628_082630.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 20200624_115957.jpg
    20200624_115957.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 20200623_181747.jpg
    20200623_181747.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 202
I just did western Colorado north of Grand Junction. It was bone dry and extremely hot until right before Rangley on 139, then there was Douglas Pass Road. It dropped 30 degrees...aaahhh.

20200707_125644.jpg

Cottonwood Pass today. 45F and sleet on the way into Gunnision, 80 and clear on the way back north.

Here is a pic from Monday afternoon on the Hermosa Road above Purgatory. It is dry and a lot of trees show sighs of stress. First ride on the new Motoz Tractionator Adventure tire. It worked really good in the dirt, rocks and on the street. May be my new favorite multi-purpose big boy tire.

Summit and Chaffee counties are in Stage 1 burn ban (fires only in campgrounds and approved containers), Park county is stage 2 (no fires). It's dry, thankfully, I haven't seen any fires.

Back