• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Comments sought on draft environmental plan for Lincoln National Forest

Reaction score
First Name
Sander

The USDA Forest Service asked the public to submit comments on proposed forest management plan for 1.1 million acres of the Lincoln National Forest.

The draft plan would dictate management of the lands for the next 10 to 15 years.

Comments may be submitted electronically from Aug. 6 to Nov. 5 at https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=45148.

A draft of the plan may be found at https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=45148.

They closed many trails and a bunch of cool roads the last time the plan was updated. I am very concerned about the influx and illegal use of the Side by Sides that are wider that 50 inches going on trails they are not supposed to be on. It is high on Forest Service radar. The y have two enforcement employees for the whole Sacramento Ranger district. It will be far easier to close a bunch of stuff then to try and enforce the current rules. I have not looked at the current draft but I will.

Thanks for posting; I just forwarded this to a friend that lives in Alamogordo and rides up there all the time.

Hope they remove a couple of those rocks :trust:. Ill be there next week to have a look-see.
Thanks for posting.

Has anyone read thru their proposed plans and highlight actions that would affect current use? Not sure how to respond if you don't know what they are proposing? I looked thru their website and would take couple day's to ready thru it all.

It's all for naught.
The new administrator of Land Management (which is in charge of what happens under the surface of national forests) will claim some kind of need to shut down all access to protect resources. This can happen to any nat'l forests.

Back