• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: Concho 2021

@RG has a question about it here...

I will be there. I will also answer RG's question in his thread.

I looked up my row for Concho. I am on 26. My oldest son is on 25 and my younger son is on 18. They both ride yz250s and I will be on my Husky. Probably will get down there Saturday some time and camp out in the enclosed trailer, although last year the camp area was infested with fire ants, which was my first experience dealing with those nasty bites.

Last edited:
Concho should have a BW or Holiday Inn Express nearby!I
My wife's family actually has their old homestead, with an old farm house, about 40 miles away over near Norton (ghost town now). I am too old to get up an extra hour early on Sunday though. I will brave the fire ants I guess.

Ended up going. What a hoot! Had a great time. Thinking i was smiling the whole time. Something up with test 5 though. Bunch of people missed a turn somewhere.
:thumb: Great place to ride. Sometimes the W TX events have a trail marking issue, they say the animals eat them. :lol2:

Several excellent videos are up. Looked like a great, fun run this year. Sure wish I could find some folks who aren't afraid of a little travel or being away from their Mommy for an occasional weekend.

Been racing at Concho since the 90's. This was the best traction in 30 years. The limestone rocks can get nasty slick when they are too wet but it was not like that. It rained gently most of the afternoon Saturday, probably a couple of tenths, and that was the key to perfection.

I was on 26 and my son was on 25. We were the only persons on our row. I guess everyone is scared to ride with the fast AA riders. Not me. I get out of the way and never see them again. With the qualifier format, there was no traffic at all. I messed up in the first test and had an issue here and there but overall it does not get any better. The last test my oldest son started in front of me. I chased him down, passed him, he passed me back and we had a ball nose to tail, trading paint, for seven miles straight--dust free! How many times can you do that in a Texas Enduro? Almost never. In the last mile of the race I was holding him off, and the single track dumped onto a short stretch of double track and we were side by side. I missed the left turn back onto the single track and crashed through the cedar trees to get back on the trail. At the check out we were just a couple seconds apart. So much fun.

Back