• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Concho enduro April 17-18

_RG_

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
The flyer says "reliability format". Would yall be kind enough to help and old buzzard understand what the heck that means?

Concho is one of my favorite. The terrain is to my liking and the club up there always does a great job. It's a drive but tolerable.

Hey RG. Reliability format is pretty straightforward. Like a regular restart enduro, everyone starts the race on their row. So, the start is the same as any enduro. Now, once you check out of a test, the difference is you can start the next test whenever you want. You do not have have to wait until your minute to check in and go. Here is an example that shows the difference: You finish test 1 in a regular restart enduro and they give you 20 minutes of free time. That causes a crowd at the next check in as everyone lines back up and then checks back into the next test on their exact minute.

In Reliability format, you can check in and start the next test no matter how early you are to the next check in. No waiting around until your minute comes up.

Some like this format, some don't. It doesn't bother me either way. The advantages I have seen is that traffic overall is not as bad. You do not have to line up and pass the same riders again and again in every test. I think I am starting on row 25, so I will be in with all the AA guys. In my case, once those guys pass me I will not see them again, so it is an advantage to both of us.

I hope you make it. Send me a text if you do, or shoot me a message here. The boys and I would love to see you.

Thanks John. This sounds like a good way to run a race.

I sort of like it myself. You can finish earlier without the in-race waiting around that is typical of a restart enduro, and if you do a good job of picking when you go in the tests after the start, you may have less race traffic to deal with.

Hey RG. Reliability format is pretty straightforward. Like a regular restart enduro, everyone starts the race on their row. So, the start is the same as any enduro. Now, once you check out of a test, the difference is you can start the next test whenever you want. You do not have have to wait until your minute to check in and go. Here is an example that shows the difference: You finish test 1 in a regular restart enduro and they give you 20 minutes of free time. That causes a crowd at the next check in as everyone lines back up and then checks back into the next test on their exact minute.

In Reliability format, you can check in and start the next test no matter how early you are to the next check in. No waiting around until your minute comes up.

Some like this format, some don't. It doesn't bother me either way. The advantages I have seen is that traffic overall is not as bad. You do not have to line up and pass the same riders again and again in every test. I think I am starting on row 25, so I will be in with all the AA guys. In my case, once those guys pass me I will not see them again, so it is an advantage to both of us.

I hope you make it. Send me a text if you do, or shoot me a message here. The boys and I would love to see you.

So the start will be a little different than the November race? Not one at a time? Doesn’t matter, was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the start will be a little different than the November race? Not one at a time? Doesn’t matter, was just curious.

Correction, the September race. My months are running together.

Yes. So to confuse things even more, the race at Concho last year was a Sprint Enduro format. You leave one at a time from the start in Sprints. In this race, off the start, four riders (everyone on your row) will leave at the same time. From there, it will be one at a time at each start of a special test. Also, it will be different trail, not the same loop ridden more than once like in a Sprint Enduro.

Yes. So to confuse things even more, the race at Concho last year was a Sprint Enduro format. You leave one at a time from the start in Sprints. In this race, off the start, four riders (everyone on your row) will leave at the same time. From there, it will be one at a time at each start of a special test. Also, it will be different trail, not the same loop ridden more than once like in a Sprint Enduro.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I will pass it along to those in our group.

Had a blast again at Concho. Cold and rainy on Saturday but absolutely perfect for the race. Really liked the reliability format. Have been working for a year on standing and looking ahead but my goodness, I’m tall and the limbs are low!

Anyway, here’s a little video of two of the six tests. Second battery glitched on me.

Back