• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Conroe area TWTEXers

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
I’m in Conroe, who else is in the area? I’d like to get out snd start exploring more on my adv bike but don’t want to solo in the NF area.

I have a Vstrom 1000, a CB500c, and a CR250. Most forms of riding covered.

I’m in Conroe, who else is in the area? I’d like to get out snd start exploring more on my adv bike but don’t want to solo in the NF area.

I have a Vstrom 1000, a CB500c, and a CR250. Most forms of riding covered.
ME, I have 2 of your bikes covered. Ride the SHNF regularly, dirt roads (850) and trails (450). Mainly during the week. @GSTJOHN is very regular also.

Let me know if you want to take the Bad Boy Rick Johnson Cr out to 3 Palms. We have group of old slow guys are have a blast out there.

Let me know if you want to take the Bad Boy Rick Johnson Cr out to 3 Palms. We have group of old slow guys are have a blast out there.
I gonna get the frame painted this week if the rain holds off than I can put it back together. I really want to ride the GP track and get back into riding mx as my son starts to show interest in riding.

We are going to do some Friday rides coming up posted on the link below ….. The GP track is awesome when groomed even on a small bike like my 150.

Welcome! I am in the Tomball area. I hate the heat so I am hibernating a bit. Will be back at it in a month or so.

Last edited:
We are going to do some Friday rides coming up posted on the link below ….. The GP track is awesome when groomed even on a small bike like my 150.

I'm in ODODB on FB and Ive ridden with the group years ago at SHNF. I'm trying to find time in my schedule to get more active at the NF since i am pretty close.
You going to be at 3 Palms Saturday for the races? My son is racing his strider bike.

My wife and I will probably relocate closer to Conroe next year, I'm looking forward to being near the NF. I don't really ride dirt anymore unless it's fire roads, unpaved county roads, etc. I'll keep an eye on threads like this one. 👍 Currently living in Granger but we have a grandbaby due next month and they're in Conroe, hence the move. I should have a motorcycle by then.

My wife and I will probably relocate closer to Conroe next year, I'm looking forward to being near the NF. I don't really ride dirt anymore unless it's fire roads, unpaved county roads, etc. I'll keep an eye on threads like this one. 👍 Currently living in Granger but we have a grandbaby due next month and they're in Conroe, hence the move. I should have a motorcycle by then.
We got places for you, come on.

I'm north of Conroe and would like to get into the SHNF as well. No adventure bike but I did just get a cool Jeep Gladiatior. Does anyone know the permitting process to get you n there without any lip form anyone?

I'm north of Conroe and would like to get into the SHNF as well. No adventure bike but I did just get a cool Jeep Gladiatior. Does anyone know the permitting process to get you n there without any lip form anyone?
No trails for Jeeps. Forest Service roads only.

Actully there are trails for jeeps. Plenty of vidjas of jeep clubs and other riding them and some info on thier website. I guess I just need to ride over to the ranger station .

Actully there are trails for jeeps. Plenty of vidjas of jeep clubs and other riding them and some info on thier website. I guess I just need to ride over to the ranger station .
No legal "trails" for jeeps in National Forest. Plenty of dirt roads. Trails are limited to 50 inch width. @GSTJOHN knows his stuff, trust me.

Yes start at Ranger Station!

Back