• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cool Tools

Despite perhaps being made under the same roof, the cordless tools sold under different brand names seldom have cross compatible batteries. :wary:
If they do, please let us know.

ACE has some good deals in this ad. The Crescent brand wrenches typically sell for $50-$60 for the set and they've got it for $20. There's a few other good things in there as well.

Prior to retiring and losing my discount, I purchased several of the HART tools. They have performed well throughout my remodel so I've added to my collection here and there.
View attachment 267299
You must have just moved into that cabinet, it's too organized

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have been very impressed with the Diablo Steel Demon blade thus far. I used it to cut five tops for the footers on my material rack out of 16 gauge steel. I also use them to cut off four feet of the 3'x20' long steel grating that I'll be using. So far it's done everything I've asked of it.

Last edited:
You must have just moved into that cabinet, it's too organized
Yes, I finished the organization about 5 min before I took the photo. Everything was in storage totes prior to that. Once the shop itself is organized I'll probably do French Cleat storage on the walls, move a lot of my tools to those, and then move my ammo into this cabinet. It should be big enough and strong enough to hold it all.

For me, my welding life changed when the first two of these squares entered my garage. Gone of the days of using magnet squares or speed squares and hoping the parts stay where I want them.

View attachment 262777
Which ones do you have?
Since they are not magnetic, how to you clamp your pieces to them to keep the angle? Is your table slotted with the pins?

Which ones do you have?
Since they are not magnetic, how to you clamp your pieces to them to keep the angle? Is your table slotted with the pins?
Can't speak for him but I normally use C-clamps or Vise grip clamps like seen hanging here.
Screenshot_20211207-183341.png

I need to consolidate into one brand/battery. I have dewalt, porter cable, and hitachi tools. Too many batteries and chargers to mess with. The Milwaulkee stuff does look nice.
I cant speak to the other brands but I bought an adapter off of E-bay a couple of years ago that allows me to run my Milwaukee M18 batteries in my Dewalt battery power drill that I've had since the early 2000's.

Which ones do you have?
I have the mega square and monster square in aluminum. Clamping work pieces to them is easy as can be with the cutouts in the squares. They are perfectly sized for vice grips to go into so you can lock everything together. My table is solid, but it is not true enough to go off of for being a true 90 so I usually don't clamp to the table. I will instead use the tabs on the squares to keep in true on that plane.

I made the vise pedistal to be an extremely stable multifunction workstation.

The primary pieces used in building the pedestal was a piece of 8"x6" half inch wall tube, a 17 inch I-beam, and half inch plate, though the shelf that you mentioned is 3/8 plate with a 1 in piece of strap for a ledge. The shelf is just used to hold my stuff, tools, cutting oils, etc. The shelf can be removed quickly with an impact on four bolts that thread into the half inch tube.

The good thing about working with half inch is you can tap and thread it and don't have to worry about nuts.

Screenshot_20211207-223105.png
I really like it it's come in very handy.
Screenshot_20211208-112718.png
Screenshot_20211208-131627.png
Screenshot_20211208-112619.png

Just the pedistal without the shelf or the Wilton C2 is 465lbs.

Screenshot_20211207-183312.png

Screenshot_20211207-183326.png

You're still able to stick it on a hand truck and move it about, like outside for grinding.
IMG_20211030_113113.jpg

I made it in bolt together components so that if it need to be moved by someone who didn't have equipment to load/unload it could be disassembled and moved a piece at a time. I could tell you more about it but that's probably more than you wanted anyway. ;)

I am still drooling over the vice. Probably cost a million for the steel right now, but oh what a beautiful toy.

Thanks guys. There was a time not so very long ago that I could that I could get drops/cut offs for five dollars a foot, no matter what it was. Those days may be gone for ever.

I asked about dumpster diving the "tailings" on new RV type covers going up all around me and was told no!

Back