• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cooper's Old Time BBQ - Llano, TX

They're gettin kinda expensive for me considering. A lot of just as good (if not better) and less expensive BBQ places around. Just my 2¢. Had sausage, brisket and cobbler, came to $20.

Had pork, brisket, potato salad and coleslaw at Snow's for $6

What: Really good BBQ here, fellas. Lots of bikers show up on the weekend. Mostly H-D types with their magical do-rags that ward off all bodily injury, but there are always a few sport-tourers there, too. Any time anyone wants to go, drop me a line. I'm always up for a ride out that way.

http://www.coopersbbq.com/home.asp

Where:
505 W. Dallas, Llano, Texas 78643
For "Mail Order" call: 915-247-5995 | 1-877-533-5553
For "Restaurant Info Only" call: 915-247-5713

Directions: Head Northwest from Austin on Hwy 71, or head North from Fredericksburg on Hwy 16. Llano is at the intersection of Hwy's 16 & 71.

I prefer the Coopers in Mason, it ain't that much farther down the road.

I feel that Coopers in LLano is over priced and over rated. Its a Harley hangout. There are several BBQ places around LLano that are better.

:eat3:

I feel that Coopers in LLano is over priced and over rated. Its a Harley hangout. There are several BBQ places around LLano that are better.

:eat3:

Call 'em out in another thread and set a date. I know a challenge when I hear one. :eat:

The brisket is pretty lame at Coopers. The rest is pretty good eating.

The brisket is pretty lame at Coopers. The rest is pretty good eating.

I've been there a few times and their brisket was always top notch. I really liked the ribs and pork as well. Much better than any of the other places I have compared it too (Smitty's, Black's, Brothers, Arts etc). I did really like Inman's Kitchen off highway 29. That was almost as good as Coopers.

Back