• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

COPPER CANYON '13 - THE FROG TOUR

_RG_

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
PAGE1-1.jpg

No fumar espanole.” What?

I don’t speak Spanish.” Oh…can you come up with a couple hundred pesos?

Yeah…sure…that’s what…about sixteen bucks?” No...that’s the key for getting out of this hot never ending long line waiting for your vehicle permit and going over to that magic side window where stuff happens fast.

And thus begins our adventures south of the border.

seal.jpg

Rounding up the usual suspects:

Edwin
edwin.jpg

JT
jt.jpg

Izz
izz.jpg

Stingray
scott2.jpg

Hugo
hugo.jpg

RG
me.jpg

Random little punk flying the TWT logo with greatest pride.

kid.jpg

"Welcome to Mexico - the land of personal responsibility*." - Edwin

* Roughly translates to: "You screw up down here - don't bother calling 911."

beinvenedos.jpg

...the adventure begins.

********************************** :trust:

It might be hot here, but we don't need no stinking paperwork, well maybe we do...

Hugoattheborder_zps74f24248.jpg

"Welcome to Mexico - the land of personal responsibility*." - Edwin

* Roughly translates to: "You screw up down here - don't bother calling 911."

:thpt: Whoa, whoa, whoa. :pound: I'm calling foul.... I don't usually care about stuff like this but
I always thought I was the one who made up that quote :argh:

Correct me if I'm wrong :ponder: :wary:

OK, sorry, continue with the story :dude:

Trouble brewing

130608_088-L.jpg

Do you ever have that feeling, Dang, I should've gone.

130608_099-XL.jpg

felix.gif

Oh wait, I was there...

CIMG0902-X2.jpg

Attachments

• felix.gif
    felix.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 528
IMG_0025-M.jpg

We made it across the border with no issues; however, we are already missing some people. Radio check! JT and RG are checking the sites in Ojinaga! Right!
IMG_0026-M.jpg

35 mi check point. All vin numbers matched and we are free to continue.
IMG_0028-M.jpg

Taking a break just before getting to Creel. Our butts were starting to hurt a bit after being on the bike for most of the day. The riding from Ojinaga thus far has been a blast, lost of pavement and twisties!
IMG_0030-M.jpg

Finally, after searching for a cheap hotel and finding one, we headed out for some libations and food at the Best Western, Creel.

Last edited:
IMG_0032-M.jpg

This is the place we stayed in Creel. The owner is a local guy and very nice. He was willing to deal as long as we rented 6 rooms. It was in the main street and across a good family restaurant. Next to it was a Abarrotes store where you can get your bare necessities. They lock the gates at night so the bikes were safe.
IMG_0033-M.jpg

Stingray showing off!
IMG_0034-L.jpg

We stopped at Lake Arareko on our way to Guachochi. The road is all paved and with great twisties. I'll try to download some quick videos later.

:thpt: Whoa, whoa, whoa. :pound: I'm calling foul.... I don't usually care about stuff like this but
I always thought I was the one who made up that quote :argh:

Correct me if I'm wrong :ponder: :wary:

OK, sorry, continue with the story :dude:
You are absolutely right. :eek2: I should have quote you properly when I said it in front of JT. I think I heard from you when we did the Peguis ride and M. Winer crashed his bike on that bridge. :rider: Therefore, I :giveup: apologize.BTW, your message folder is full and could not send an answer to your question. I have no idea why it is doing it!:trust:

We are still in Arareko lake and a few gets some shots.
P1090075-M.jpg

P1090076-L.jpg

P1090080-L.jpg

P1090078-L.jpg

IMG_3584-L.jpg

After a few shots we headed out via Guachochi. The road is nice. Any bike would enjoy this ride!
IMG_3585-L.jpg

IMG_3587-L.jpg

IMG_3588-L.jpg

P1090084-L.jpg

P1090085-L.jpg

P1090086-L.jpg

mg][/url]

After we had lunch, gas up, and talked to some of the locals about how business was going in Guachochi, we head out to Sinforosa canyons. The end of pavement was near, we could smell it.
IMG_1713-L.jpg

IMG_1714-L.jpg

I was tasked to deliver a vestm to the flagman down the road; however, there ws no road. It is been built!
IMG_0045-M.jpg

IMG_0044-L.jpg

Ingeniero Adolfo gives me the instructions. He has being working this section for the last two weeks. Very nice man who is a part of this huge endeavor, paving Sinforosa Canyon road.

IMG_0046-L.jpg

BTW, IZZ is nurturing a hangover and Montezumas revenge at the same time, poor guy!:lol2:

Here are some of the views of Sinforosa canyon.
IMG_3597-M.jpg

IMG_3596-L.jpg

IMG_3599-L.jpg

IMG_3602-L.jpg

IMG_3604-L.jpg

IMG_3604-L.jpg

IMG_3604-L.jpg

IMG_3607-L.jpg

IMG_3611-L.jpg

IMG_3612-L.jpg

IMG_3613-L.jpg

IMG_3615-L.jpg

IMG_3614-L.jpg

and the beginning of pavement!
P1090092-L.jpg

from here on It was dirt and rocks all the way to Creel.

Back