• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Corey

Reaction score
CoreyStmpnk0009LR-L.jpg

CoreyStmpnk0142LR-L.jpg

Model: Corey McLaughlan
Hats by Sharon Sullivan of Dreamhats.com
Wardrobe and Makeup by Corey McLauchlan of coreyana.com

I'm sort of digging the high-contrast work you're doing of late.... :mrgreen:

#1 I do think the hat blends a bit to easily with the background. There's no defined lines between the hat and background and her eye sort of gets lost in there too. I'd bet if the data is there, a slight increase in the shadow light specifically there, or a reduction of the blacks with a spot brush?

#2 has the same nit with the hat, but both eyes are there. Bueno. How did you get the wall to 'shiver' like you did? It's not a tilt-shift lens is it? Or did you liquify her a 'bit'?

I'm sort of digging the high-contrast work you're doing of late.... :mrgreen:

#1 I do think the hat blends a bit to easily with the background. There's no defined lines between the hat and background and her eye sort of gets lost in there too. I'd bet if the data is there, a slight increase in the shadow light specifically there, or a reduction of the blacks with a spot brush?

#2 has the same nit with the hat, but both eyes are there. Bueno. How did you get the wall to 'shiver' like you did? It's not a tilt-shift lens is it? Or did you liquify her a 'bit'?

#1: There is no data in the shadows :( This is all natural light which was pretty harsh coming in through the garage door. I shot these while the lights were being used by the other photogs with the other model. The sun was setting and coming in straight through that door. We did use a reflector for fill on some of the shots, but for this one I wanted this type of look. I do wish I would have used a reflector over her to get a just a little light on the hat for separation. I also wasn't too happy with the shadow from the hat across her eyes when I was shooting, but I managed to pose her this way and get a straight line across her brow, which I ended up liking a lot.

#2: Same issues as #1, maybe I can post in some light on the hat. I'll give it a try and make it look natural. As for the bricks, you would be surprised to know that they are "crooked" that way. I didn't notice it until I was processing the images. I did use a little liquefy, but it is actually on her back just to pinch the corset a bit. I think the vignetting also causes the bricks to look more "rounded" than they really are. If you notice, some of the bricks aren't even the same size!

Back