• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Corpus Area Trails

SL350

Forum Supporter
Almost all the farm roads are paved now around Kenedy. What was not paved before the Eagle Ford is now paved for the trucks.

South Tex

Forum Supporter
I’d suggest east and west of hwy 119 which runs off 183 north of Goliad to Stockdale . Not much south of Yorktown but north, there’s still some decent dirt/caliche. Also some good roads around Nixon. Unfortunately they are paving faster than google earth can keep up so it’s kinda hit n miss.

SL350

Forum Supporter
I've ridden most of the roads around Kenedy and if you like two lane through cattle and mesquite country, you can ride for miles with little traffic. Until you find a water truck making a wide turn it is fairly lonely.

For a stop in Kenedy try the city park behind HEB. There is a burger joint in town that is cheap and makes good burgers (RJ's) but is not always open. The new Flash Burger is good but expensive.

There is a biker park near Pettus but it is only open for special events. I guess that is my biggest disappointment with riding the area - few areas to pull off the pavement and enjoy a park. When I ride East of DFW, every little town has a city park and a historical marker.

South Tex

Forum Supporter
By the way, I’ve been trying to start a southern contingent for monthly dirt rides. Hopefully we can get a few more routes and link em for a real nice day ride

JMZ

Forum Supporter
`The OP asked about " TRAILS" . I don`t know of any trails close to that area. Charlies pasture in Port A used to fun before they screwed that up .

Last edited:

CZ47racer

Forum Supporter
Cool! Did about 70 miles of dirt with aspr yesterday on our xrl650’s. He’s motocross fast and I’m more of a scenery guy. Scenery including his dust! We will give you a shout on our next ride.

Kirk
My mind says I am still motocross fast, but then my body reminds me that it is 59 not 19 years old. When we ride together, you can remind me too.....