• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

COTA Tire Testing pictures from today...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
The Dunlop Tire Testing / Session 1 for the upcoming MotoGP was held today and I wandered over to take a peek. I ran into Kory and Tom too which was fun. Here's a series I captured. The whole gallery can be seen HERE

On the main straight...
DSC_9234-XL.jpg

DSC_9238-XL.jpg

DSC_9266-XL.jpg

2-Up rides for the Media...
DSC_9579-XL.jpg

How far can you lean? This one still had the stickers on the tires...
DSC_9640-XL.jpg

I don't know how this one even stayed up...
DSC_9781-XL.jpg

Kory doing his magic...
DSC_9920-XL.jpg

The "S" turns...
DSC_9939-XL.jpg

Nicky Hayden? Or at least that's what his leathers say...
DSC_0163-XL.jpg

Red Bull Gives You Wings...
DSC_0185-XL.jpg

That's a whole 'lotta tire scrubbing...
DSC_0351-XL.jpg

Turn 11...
DSC_0394-XL.jpg

More leaning...
DSC_0448-XL.jpg

DSC_0461-XL.jpg

Another very small cut in the fencing and I was able to capture this one. First shot I've every captured the exhaust mirage and I like the fact I can see his eyes.
DSC_0605-XL.jpg

Various stages of setting up for the turn...
DSC_0645-XL.jpg

...and IN the turn
DSC_0658-XL.jpg

Just a cool sweeping turn shot...
DSC_0676-XL.jpg

Just before the first bridge...
DSC_0751-XL.jpg

DSC_0845-XL.jpg

Overall I had a good time. I had fun running into Tom, then Kory where we got to chat for a bit in between shots. The bikes were fun to watch, as was trying to find good places to take shots without a proper credential to have the best access.

I thought they were running Michelin on Moto 1 bikes? Is this for 2&3?
Just saw your pic. of day, Dunlop for Super Sport and Super Stock.

Last edited:
Great pics. The 2 up just doesn't look right.

Right, Roger Hayden, Nicky's younger brother. This was testing for the AMA bikes that will be racing at COTA on the MotoGP weekend. So in addition to the the regular 3 MotoGP classes running, we'll get a slate of AMA races too.

Copy and paste from your other thread:

Looks great, Scott! I looked through your gallery from yesterday and it looks like I may as well just not even look through my shots. :clap: I see you made it all the way back to turn 11. I ended up going to sit with dad for a bit and then decided to go back out to the other bridge, only to find out that it was blocked off. By that time, I was done. Didn't get home until 8:30 so I'll start looking though my shots tonight. I don't know how you cull through so fast.

It was great hanging and shooting. :thumb:

Back