• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

county court house quest

lddave

Reaction score
Last weekend I witnessed Bob Higdon finish his quest to photograph all county courthouses in the continental United States.His finally courthouse was in Pike county Mississippi.
5 years 13 days , 150,000 miles 3,069 court houses.
My hat is off to you Bob.

5 years 13 days , 150,000 miles 3,069 court houses.

Wow is right! :thumb:

Interesting that about 1/12 of those (254) are in Texas. :sun:

I'm having trouble just doing those. :doh:

Does he have a web site with all those photos?

Sounds like a great collection to publish someday. I wonder what he's going to go find now? That's a remarkable accomplishment though when you think of the territory covered in a quest like that.

Dave.

Sounds like a great collection to publish someday. I wonder what he's going to go find now?
Dave.

When this first started I ask Bob why are you doing this?
His answer was he had rided just about everywhere he wanted to so he needed a new reason to ride. After photographing the last courthouse I ask him what was next ?
His answer was

I am going home.

Some pictures from Bob's celebration when he collected his final courthouse picture:

Cool slide show. Those custom T-shirts are great! :thumb:

Also :thumb: to Ardys Kellerman joining the festivities.

Was looking at a few old threads and came across this amazing feat. It got me thinking of a group effort 254 county TWT ride. How about we all post a court house/bike picture where we live and places we ride? Then maybe admin or someone can say what’s missing so we can get the ones in our range. Of course duplicate pictures would be welcome since “your” bike is there...

Walker court house in @Tourmeister ‘s back yard to start it. 🤪

Last edited:
You should go in order A-Z so it's easy to track and is somewhat of a challenge. And they ought to be new pictures because I'm sure there are a lot of members here that have 2-300 of them already. I do and I wasn't even trying to collect them. There's already a thread on this in riding games.

I , being a hooligan and ner do well biker scum, was thinking of this:
Williamson County isn't in there but as soon as I get the tires on The Vespa, I'll run up and get one!

I , being a hooligan and ner do well biker scum, was thinking of this:
Williamson County isn't in there but as soon as I get the tires on The Vespa, I'll run up and get one!

I like it! Please start a thread and we can add to it. @StromXTc and I were at the old Frio county jail recently. (Outside, not guests) Not sure if either one of us got a bike pic, but can always go back.

Back