• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Couple of folks on here this applies to!

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Good question! lol
260269294_10159289899283046_7055529350990168450_n.jpg

I have motorcycle buddies that this was written for.

Buddy 1 in Colorado has about 15 bikes. Most run well, some need work and a couple are "projects"
Buddy 2 has 10 bikes all in excellent condition
Buddy 3 has 4 bikes all excellent condition(he is the one I posted about that just bought a new Gold Wing)
Buddy 4 has three bikes all excellent condition
Buddy 5 in Colorado has many bikes(not sure how many)

Me? I think three is right. One for day ride, one for overnight and one good dirt bike.

I have more motorcycle buddies but they own one only!

Lol.
Same could be said for guitars, firearms, pocketknives, hats, footwear, etc etc......
Pocket knives are my weakness.

Once I build a shop to hide stuff in and behind, I'll be able to have a few more. We have 3 bikes in the garage right now and it works fine. Sadly all three are projects but hoping to change that this weekend on two of them.

2000 KZ1000P - $800 project - Get running with a carb freshen-up. Needs to have blown fork seals, brakes and tires changed
2006-ish Vulcan 900 - needs to go - wife's bike she wanted but doesn't ride
2000 R1100RTP - bought as non-runner / now running - most expensive "bargain" ever
2005 V-Rod - bought as non-runner. Only needed a fuel pump cheaper than Harley quoted previous owner. Needs to go - made redundant by Rocket and K1300S
2006 Triumph Rocket
2009 FLHP w/big bore kit - HOOPTY - the Favorite
2013 FLTRU - mulling over getting rid of this for a R1200GS
2014 K1300S - Sheriff auction bike - scaaaary fast - more bike than I have skills for. I drive it like an old person.
2015 Syder F3 - another bike the wife wanted but doesn't ride

Most are running, few may have flat batteries, two just need to go away

Computer keyboards....

What??
Keyboards seem interesting. You could probably trick some folks into listening about the difference between Red Cherry switches vs. blacks.

Probably better than mine. My strange obsession is cups. I've got cups that filter water as you drink, cups with can openers, cups that insulate really well... Some cups scream pirate slogans and others commemorate my college days. There are cups that strengthen your muscles, and little cups for little occasions and big cups for really big occasions.

... I like cups.

Red Cherry switches vs. blacks.
Cherries are gateway beginner switches. Come back when you are spending a dollar per switch. I recently hit my endgame but I spent way way too much. But, like motorcycle accessories, you never ever ever add it all up.

i-t3CcgGH-L.jpg

I got up to four once and realized that I had a problem. Happily back to just one now. With the wifes I guess thats really two.:shrug:

Yes, N+1 is the number you need. Right now I only have five, I may sell another, but I do have one on order. Actually, the one I gave to my daughter is pretty much one as well, since I bet I get to play with it soon.

The most I ever owned at one time was 4. I have officially owned 50 bikes.

I'm up to 2 and can think of at least 2 more good motorcycling purposes that my 2 current bikes won't serve. Maybe I'd be content if I had bikes to serve those other 2 purposes. Nah!

This is more me:

1637702294853.png

It does help that I gave the first one to her!

Truly, four total motorbikes is enough to fill up my garage and enough that I don't like having to move them all around anytime I want to do anything in the garage. When that fifth one arrives, I am going to have to get real serious about getting rid of one. For a 20x20 garage that is also my workshop, four is the max. Plus, I don't have time to ride more than one of them regularly.

Now... come next year when I might buy a piece of property out in the country somewhere...

Back