• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Covid-19 and m/c get-togethers question?

And if you're counting on the government to save you

Just hoping our government might be as effective as other countries in this situation. Unfortunately not. Not really a shock though.

The county guys came out a few days ago to spray oil and loose gravel on our pot holes. It generally makes a HUGE mess. Anyway, they managed to spray the stuff everywhere from one end of the street to the other (1/2-3/4 mile) and they missed the single biggest pot hole right in the middle of the street that is almost impossible to miss without driving off the edge of the road :doh: I guess we can't expect to much from these guys... :shrug:
Those guys are contractors. :-P

You are free to spin it however you wish, but I don't think there is a virus known to man that cares what the host's color, sex, creed, political leaning, ethnic origin, etc. are.

Not a spin, here you go - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...UtpuIvbg3YLCY2jUzZ6XPa1de2zWJImSBYwmKUKS1dRIg

Don't like that one, I can get you an article that isn't an Op. Ed. Also, I think we are all bright enough to know a virus does not have political leanings or gender preferences. Your completely avoiding where and how the virus originated but that is ok, I don't care one way or the other. I never was very PC and I sure am not gonna start now when our economy is tanking to the tune of 1 trillion a month.

I had heard that men are more likely to get infected and die from this virus. I think there are some minor differences that make some slightly more likely to have a serious response to this virus. Hopefully that is being studied.

The actual reporting suggested that while men are more likely to be sickened and die, women were more likely to be the victim of the virus. I think that was just "woke" reporting by some media company.

I had heard that men are more likely to get infected and die from this virus. I think there are some minor differences that make some slightly more likely to have a serious response to this virus. Hopefully that is being studied.

The actual reporting suggested that while men are more likely to be sickened and die, women were more likely to be the victim of the virus. I think that was just "woke" reporting by some media company.
There may be something to that but I don't think it has to do with physiology.
Generally speaking, women wear makeup so they tend not to touch their face throughout the day. Men will grope their beards and mustaches, pick their nose in public, etc. All the things we're not supposed to do.

The county guys came out a few days ago to spray oil and loose gravel on our pot holes. It generally makes a HUGE mess. Anyway, they managed to spray the stuff everywhere from one end of the street to the other (1/2-3/4 mile) and they missed the single biggest pot hole right in the middle of the street that is almost impossible to miss without driving off the edge of the road :doh: I guess we can't expect to much from these guys... :shrug:
Pretty sure we have the same county commissioner, they are terrible about spreading that stuff from one side of the road to the other. Not there when I leave for work then come home in the dark and about lost the bike in those sharp corners on WoodFarm rd. No warning signs, can't see the stuff and like hitting marbles. He said he would say something but nothing has changed.

Update from my county (Tarrant) on the stats. We have had 29 cases, (up from 19 yesterday) and 1 death and 2 recoveries. If our infection rate stays the same as they claimed in China, we should see 130 cases or so. Hopefully this isolation will result in a reduced number of cases. I believe they refer to that as "flattening the curve".

There is an interesting info-graphic showing almost no cases in Russia. Not sure if they're doing something right or just lying about it.

P

There is an interesting info-graphic showing almost no cases in Russia. Not sure if they're doing something right or just lying about it.

Probably the Vodka? Once everyone comes out of being holes up, we should collude with Russia to break the will of the Chinese Govt.

I got an email from a well known company with a base here in TX. They were searching for officers to work at time and a half 3 shifts 24hr coverage for a month minimum. We'd run IR cameras, thermal imaging, and check temperatures of those coming on campus. IF you ended up getting the virus, you got standard pay for the quarantined time.

It was a hard pass for me. Their products are made in China.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

There may be something to that but I don't think it has to do with physiology.
Generally speaking, women wear makeup so they tend not to touch their face throughout the day. Men will grope their beards and mustaches, pick their nose in public, etc. All the things we're not supposed to do.

You make some good points. I'm thinking of getting a cone of shame for me and my son (2 different cones) but maybe just some makeup would be better?

P

Probably the Vodka? Once everyone comes out of being holes up, we should collude with Russia to break the will of the Chinese Govt.

I got an email from a well known company with a base here in TX. They were searching for officers to work at time and a half 3 shifts 24hr coverage for a month minimum. We'd run IR cameras, thermal imaging, and check temperatures of those coming on campus. IF you ended up getting the virus, you got standard pay for the quarantined time.

It was a hard pass for me. Their products are made in China.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I think the good paying jobs will be the guys (and gals) riding shotgun protecting the shipments of TP and meat. :lol2:

Any of y'all hear anything about a shelter in place for Harris county starting Sunday ? I see news says it's being discussed.
I heard it from someone else it's being said on Reddit that it's actually happening fwiw

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Any of y'all hear anything about a shelter in place for Harris county starting Sunday ? I see news says it's being discussed.
I heard it from someone else it's being said on Reddit that it's actually happening fwiw

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
Mayor just got on tv saying no.

Back