• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Crack in Vino tires - diy or find a garage?

Reaction score
First Name
Brooke
So my Vino's rear tire has a crack in the sidewall. They're old and both need replaced. Anyone know a place close to Haltom City that could do this? I know about Moxie up in Grapevine, but I'm not sure I should be driving far like this. I'm not opposed to trying to change the tires myself either but it'd be my first time doing so.

Attachments

• vino.jpg
    vino.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 79
Vino, we're too far away over here in NW Louisiana to be of much help, but we have changed scooter tires "at home." It's doable but the small tires with hand tools can require a little extra patience and technique. Most scooters require removal of the muffler to remove the rear wheel.

I’ve changed a LOT of tires and the two types that I refuse to do anymore are Harley tires and scooter tires. Do yourself a favor and take it somewhere to have them changed.

Should be easy to change yourself. Totally not worth paying a shop 2x the price of tires to install them. I removed the vino 125 wheels on my wife's scooter without pulling the exhaust, FYI.

Perhaps a good how to would help, since there’s a few here who have done it. Tire changing seems a bit daunting without some prior guidance.

So my Vino's rear tire has a crack in the sidewall. They're old and both need replaced. Anyone know a place close to Haltom City that could do this? I know about Moxie up in Grapevine, but I'm not sure I should be driving far like this. I'm not opposed to trying to change the tires myself either but it'd be my first time doing so.
If you don't want to do it yourself, check out -
Cycle Gear in Bedford (1424 Airport Fwy) or Cycle Gear Ft Worth (3032 Alta Mere) both should be within 13 to 15 miles of Haltom City

You have to remove your wheels and bring them to the store for tire removal / install
- website shows charge of $25.00 per tire if you buy replacement from them or $50.00 per tire if you bring in tires purchased somewhere else.

I see the sidewall of that tire is marked "reinforced" which could mean quite the wrestling match if using manual levers and spoons.

Yep I looked up how to do it on Mitch's Scooter Stuff on Youtube and decided not to try taking everything off myself. Moxie in Grapevine said they should be able to do both for around $100. I ordered the tires myself and just need them to arrive.

My Vino is much happier with its new tires! I went to A&R Motorsports in Haltom. It cost $160 (more than Moxie), but it was easier to just go there, after I noticed another crack in the tires. Luckily the new tires arrived from Amazon pretty fast. A&R did a great job, they just put the tires on and didn't try to upsell me or suggest anything I didn't need.

Back