• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cracked Pecans - 2020 Crop

Reaction score
My Mom and Dad have a small pecan orchard in South Texas.
They have started harvesting the 2020 crop.
All of their nuts are paper shell varieties and very tasty!
The cracked pecans shown in the photo are $5.50 per pound
They are located in Pearsall, Tx. If you don't make it down that way, they would be glad to ship nuts to you for actual UPS shipping charges.
Their phone number is: 830-334-2583
pecans.jpg

The Pee-can jokes never get old lol
My mom said that several of y'all had called to order pecans yesterday.
The cracked pecans make shelling out and eating very easy!

well dang, haven't had fresh peek'nz in some time he said writing down the number.

The phone number I posted to call for pecans is my parents landline. They are pretty low tech and don't believe in "lugging" a cell phone around. So, if you get their answering machine, just leave a message and they will definitely call you back.

I was visiting my parents over the weekend and I can confirm that the nuts are tasty.
If you want cracked pecans, give them a call: 830-334-2583
Below is a photo I took showing a few of their pecan trees
psUiSpmm.jpg

Whoa...you eat 10lbs that fast.?

No, but between a friend or two they do seem to go fast.
I think if you seal them they'll stay good in the fridge for like 6 months, and sealed and frozen over a year.
I got 10lbs because the shipping was about the same, and I can make a couple people happy with them.
I'll seal and freeze some to test that out. Skeptical.

South Country is a pretty large commercial orchard that is run by friends of ours. My parents orchard is about 40 trees. They are on the East side of Pearsall. As you are going out hwy 140 toward Charlotte, there is a cemetery on the left and an old ball park on the right. Their place is just behind the old ball park. If you plan to be in the area and want to stop by, give them a call in advance to make sure they will be home.

The big problem with the box of pecans I just got, is they came right before dinner and now I'm not so hungry.
These nuts rock!!

No, but between a friend or two they do seem to go fast.
I think if you seal them they'll stay good in the fridge for like 6 months, and sealed and frozen over a year.
I got 10lbs because the shipping was about the same, and I can make a couple people happy with them.
I'll seal and freeze some to test that out. Skeptical.
My mom used to seal and freeze them with no problem.

I talked to my parents over the weekend, and they still have plenty of pecans.
If you want some fresh pecans to make a pie or to just munch on, give them a call.
Their number is: 830-334-2583

Back