• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist/Facebook

Ok this is just cool.
Kinda tempting as well. I wish there was more things designed like this. Not everyone can afford a $10k + tractor for mowing pasture.

View attachment 254120

That’s very cool. The problem is that if they made something comparable today it would probably also be $10K+.

not getting any cheaper are they?

not getting any cheaper are they?

View attachment 254510

So is the market for these (and the siblings) just based on nostalgia? They don’t seem like they’d bee good for anything that a much cheaper, more capable, modern alternative wouldn’t do better. Thanks a legitimate question. I’ve never ridden one, so maybe they really are great.

I can confirm that they are really great but not $3k great. I just hate how many I passed up over the years. I could retire now if I had been smart.

I had 6 of the 69-74 CT70s at one point several years ago. None this nice, but several all original in good shape. Wish I would have kept them! Great little bikes, but yes, this is mainly a nostalgia thing for many. For me personally, it was the very first motorcycle I ever rode.

I’ve never ridden one, so maybe they really are great.

I never thought so. Started with a '69 Mini Trail 50, then got the 70 cause I was too fat. The little tires and narrow handlebars made for really crappy trail riding, a fact I didn't realize until I got a Bridgestone 90 Sport, and everything changed. Sure the nostalgia would be great, but I wouldn't buy one to ride it much.

I rode one a bunch in college and ran all over the deserts of New Mexico. They're great for irrigation ditch roads. the electric start didn't work so all you had to do is just start running with it and it would turn on on its own. They are also light enough you can muscle your way through some pretty technical stuff off road. I still don't think I'm convincing anyone that they're really great but they are fun

I don't know what it is...

Attachments

• 00v0v_DdfeZXC5Dy_600x450.jpg
    00v0v_DdfeZXC5Dy_600x450.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
I've never seen one before, but I have seen an NX250.

I don't know what it is...

Intersting find and funny ad for sure.....but I'm not sure I'd wanna touch it. Taking some dudes bike from an angry wife without a title seems like a recipe for owning a "stolen bike".

Later,
CJB

This looks like a good deal for sure. If I was not needing a truck right now I would be adding a younger brother to the garage for my 2001 KLR'ER.

I guess new ones didn't come with a front number plate that year. :lol2:

4K is not a bad price with the great V twin retrofit. One if the cleanest I have ever seen. I bet she will boogie.

4K is not a bad price with the great V twin retrofit. One if the cleanest I have ever seen. I bet she will boogie.

Indeed, but reserve not met. I wonder what that is? Didn't notice the V2. Good thing for the disc brake upgrade. lol
oops, it changed to reserve met.

For anyone needing it. I love my ims tank

Back