• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist/Facebook

In the digital realm, XenForo - the platform TWTEX rides on (yes, bad pun intended) - is as safe as any. Whoever chose XenForo, chose well in my estimation.

As for too late - well, yes and no. Data ages and becomes less relevant over time but, short of some major electro-magnetic event, it never goes away.

With less relevant data available, you'll become slightly less interesting because you'll be harder to monetize.

Data is the currency of the 21st century - just know your data is being collected all the time, so less of it might make you worth less than the next guy.
What VPN do you use or recommend?

Seems like a decent deal for an older Kendon
EB892FDF-071B-471C-91DB-70BA1CB7D988.png

trailer

VPN's are a bit like wine - there's one to suit almost any fare, any appetite, and any budget.

That said, there are several very good VPN options that are great 'table' wines.

My preferred provider is Private Internet Access. This is probably the oldest VPN service still operating - call it a great vintage - and it is very well featured for a reasonable price. I've seen promos on 2 year plans for under $3/mo.

Were I to change, I'd probably lean to ProtonVPN. They're a bit pricier and have fewer servers, but their focus on privacy is unrivaled - for the price. ExpressVPN is just as good on privacy, a little better on security, and provides a really good selection of apps and extensions - but the price can be double that of ProtonVPN.

If security is your top requirement, then NordVPN is probably the best option. They provide several unique features plus they unblock all the major streaming services from everywhere I've ever tried. Important for the international travelers that need their Netflix fix everywhere they go.

So, like wine, the best choice depends on the fare, your preference (dry, sweet, woodsy | privacy, security, access ...), and the price.

For me, PIA meets the need, plus my 'fingerprints' are on the bottle.

This bike has 10 miles 🥳…. Great deal if you weight 200 lbs…. If not you will spent a couple grand or more getting it right.

I used to be with Private Internet Access but switched about a year ago to NordVPN which I've been very happy with. Watching TV from back home PIA started to get flagged a lot whereas Nord hasn't ever so far. I suspect PIA isn't recycling their IPs fast enough although the TV networks use a number of techniques (including timing pings) not just IP tracking.

This was posted here before.

I sent it to my friend and authority on RD's Judy in the PNW, and got back this amusing response, lightly edited.

He's more than delusional. Total idiot. Lots of issues, hasn't gone through the bottom end/ crankshaft -- typically these ABSOLUTELY need, at the least new crankshaft seals. Probably doesn't have the first clue about rejetting or the proper filtration setup.
DG expansion chambers are by far the worst, they don't have proper head pipe flow. Stupid, funky seat meant for a bobber, WT??? No, they don't "typically" sell for 2x that much at ALL. People are ASKING $5000-$6000 for clean, well DONE bikes in excellent shape, without the screwed-up hacks this poor RD has. Sad. Personally, I wouldn't give $1500 even if it had a title.

:rofl::clap:

Anyone who builds a bike leaving the rear wheel that exposed obviously has never gone down.

If someone would build a third party browser for FB marketplace, I'd delete my account today. Marketplace has all but killed craigslist and other platforms. I'm a bona-fied classifieds junky.
This is me 100%. I refuse to get a FB account, but I do login with my son's credentials and browse (buy & post) as him. We buy and sell classic cars, so FB marketplace is a necessary evil.

Someone get this right now before I have to! Because I don't have the time or space to fool with it, but maybe can't resist.

That will be a good deal for somebody. I'd be interested, but I don't need 2. It also should be a 6 speed.

About the only thing that goes wrong with them is the coils, and aftermarket are available. Oh, and if it is laid down on the left side, the transmission breaks before the shifter (the shifter breaks the tranny.)

Kinda leaning towards craigslist being a waste of time around north Texas at least.

Is craigslist totally dead? I've listed several things in the Dallas craigslist after moving back to TX a couple months ago. i'm not on FB anymore and I guess I need to rejoin for classified sales? Not one reply on CL. Here is one of my current listings for 05-08 crf450 parts. https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mpo/d/dallas-honda-crf450r-parts/7497989389.html
Slower maybe, but not dead...but then it may also be a result of 'covid' etc...

Personally, I prefer CL... invariably FB seems to want/try to list shyte nowhere near me and sold items seem to be pruned/removed more frequently.

Slower maybe, but not dead...but then it may also be a result of 'covid' etc...

Personally, I prefer CL... invariably FB seems to want/try to list shyte nowhere near me and sold items seem to be pruned/removed more frequently.
Agreed.

Attachments

• C5ACFCDA-9AE9-4EA3-8994-F280E7C6E4FE.jpeg
    C5ACFCDA-9AE9-4EA3-8994-F280E7C6E4FE.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 57
Back