• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist/Facebook

This is VERY tempting.... (edit: it was offered at $2900 for those who missed the link when it was active)

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/d/san-antonio-2013-honda-xr650l/7388340095.html

00A0A_i20bgkkZ3xYz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg

00F0F_gtJdyXXX8Okz_0ew0jm_600x450.jpg

00g0g_jHaJPdE7kFdz_0ew0jm_600x450.jpg

00404_4n1M0283oScz_0ew0jm_600x450.jpg

01111_aimU0s3dFbHz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg

01212_jyYX6qy2MOhz_0ew0jm_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
It won't last long. I wouldn't sell my 2005 that cheap. That is a deal. I love the XR650L. He soved the bigest problem of to small a fuel tanl. You can go over 200/ tank ewith that 5 gallon. I have the four. The seat tank and rear rack and bag are a grand. Plus it is de-smoged.
I want to find out what windshield thst is. I mostly ride pavement these days.

Last edited:
It won't last long. I wouldn't sell my 2005 that cheap. That is a deal. I love the XR650L. He soved the bigest problem of to small a fuel tanl. You can go over 200/ tank ewith that 5 gallon. I have the four. The seat tank and rear rack and bag are a grand. Plus it is de-smoged.
I want to find out what windshield thst is. I mostly ride pavement these days.
Its sold.

Wow, that's a flashback. I had a '69 and it didn't look ANYWHERE near as nice as this! Mine showed like 90k on the clock, the swingarm bushings were weak, and I had to make silencers of sorts out of small coffee cans and steel wool as the insides of the exhaust were mostly gone. But it was a daily rider and still totally reliable. I never had a title to it and who knows where the license plate came from, but that was in the day where you could get away with such things. It was a farm bike from west of Des Moines hence the high mileage and probably changed owners with nothing more than a handshake.

t500.jpg

Those 2 strokes would run forever and is probably the real reason they went away.

Wow, that's a flashback. I had a '69 and it didn't look ANYWHERE near as nice as this! Mine showed like 90k on the clock, the swingarm bushings were weak, and I had to make silencers of sorts out of small coffee cans and steel wool as the insides of the exhaust were mostly gone. But it was a daily rider and still totally reliable. I never had a title to it and who knows where the license plate came from, but that was in the day where you could get away with such things. It was a farm bike from west of Des Moines hence the high mileage and probably changed owners with nothing more than a handshake.

View attachment 304176
Oh my that's beautiful!

"Owned by the same family for 41 years"
Yeah, there's no sentimental attachment there

This has been parked near an office building on the southbound side of Mopac between Spicewood Springs and Balcones for as long as I have been driving... Never seen it move in 30 years. It says "odometer: 1" ... that's probably from moving it in and out of a trailer. Assuming it works, the odo in the speedometer in the photo indeed shows 0000 with some tenths.

No title, no way to license this to drive in TX, unless maybe it was titled when it was built under different laws 30 years ago and can be grandfathered with a bonded title, could be possible given the age. It has a total of four wheels so it can't be registered as a motorcycle or "autocycle" (like a Polaris Slingshot, etc.) according to current law, so I am not really sure how you'd use it. Plus, it would have to be a death trap to drive on today's TX public roads. The trailer is nice though. This would be an interesting conversation piece, probably win ribbons at shows because it's not only in virtually unused condition, but would clearly be the only vehicle in its class.

This guy needs a prize for honesty & a hug.

I kind of want that. If it was yellow or red I'd already be on it.

I'm high on my recent successes resurrecting scooters. I bet this is a harder project. And I don't have room for a 5th motorcycle in the garage.

I bet a good seal is worth way more than that bike!!! Then again, I wouldn't trade my seal to just anyone!

1634084041503.png

Back