• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist/Facebook

He also needs someone to tell him that's a 600 not a 1000.

You mean a 620? How can you tell? Looks like dual spark heads, that's a 1000 far as I can tell, the 620 didn't have dual spark did it?

If it was February, I'd be going to get it. But my wife would rightly freak out if I bought another project bike before the Christmas and birthday gauntlet.

You mean a 620? How can you tell? Looks like dual spark heads, that's a 1000 far as I can tell, the 620 didn't have dual spark did it?

If it was February, I'd be going to get it. But my wife would rightly freak out if I bought another project bike before the Christmas and birthday gauntlet.
I could've sworn only the 620 had the dual sided swingarm but I guess I mixed up the 1000 and the s2r

Yes, pretty much the same position as me. Except, if it was February, I'd have bought it same day it was posted here LOL

yeah only the s2r (and s4r) had single sided swingarm. The 620/800/1000 normal Monster all had the same frame AFAIK.
Yes, pretty much the same position as me. Except, if it was February, I'd have bought it same day it was posted here LOL

Looks like this guy is lying about the electrical problem. I'm pretty sure this is the same bike in that craigslist post (the sig forum post was from North Texas bought as a "non running no spark" project in 2018, same exact exhaust/paint/clutch and also had that red dirtbike in one of the pictures). If so he found metal shavings in the engine and is trying to unload the basket case on someone else after realizing it needs a new motor.

Looks like this guy is lying about the electrical problem. I'm pretty sure this is the same bike in that craigslist post (the sig forum post was from North Texas bought as a "non running no spark" project in 2018, same exact exhaust/paint/clutch and also had that red dirtbike in one of the pictures). If so he found metal shavings in the engine and is trying to unload the basket case on someone else after realizing it needs a new motor.

Good catch! Those Oury grips are a dead giveaway. I mean, I have Oury grips on my GS500, and now we have found the other road motorcycle in TX with Oury grips on it.

Interesting that the first post in that thread suggests it's an '03. The ad says it's a 2005. Also the description is that whomever the previous owner was had done a big hot rod engine mod. My guess is something grenaded. No compression numbers.

And who am I kidding? I can't even get my old GS500 to run right. Seems a single cylinder 125cc scooter is the limit of my mechanical skills.

That said, I wouldn't take that Duc if it was free. Not worth the drive to DFW. Plus, I really wanted a 695 if I ever get a Monster. So maybe I should go back on the hunt for a 695 or a same era EFI 800.

I know I don't NEED this, but it would go pretty well in the garage with the 2 power wheels K1300S that I just picked up for Xmas presents! Is that too crazy to think?

I know I don't NEED this, but it would go pretty well in the garage with the 2 power wheels K1300S that I just picked up for Xmas presents! Is that too crazy to think?
Silly money, lots of technology on there which are made of unobtanium.

Get this for $250 & it's priced right - an interesting project itself or basis for another project, has the magic title!

If anyone is interested Eastside Honda in Mont Belvieu has a new 2021 Goldwing Tour they just got in. If you go buy it tell them I sent you.

Well, this is going to be tricky to sell... found on Facebook marketplace

1636999360661.png

Back