• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist Question

Pete

Reaction score
Hopefully someone knows enough about posting ads on CL to help me out here. I’ve tried numerous times to list my trailer (same one listed on TWT), only to have the ad deleted almost immediately without explanation. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what common errors I may be committing to have this happen multiple times?

Thanks,

Pete

That is unusual. I have never had that happen and I have used it for years. Are you fully signed in to your account?

If someone has a similar trailer, they might be trying to eliminate the competition. There’s a report button that people can click on to flag the posting as prohibited

I have had that happen before but never figure out the issue. Generally waited a few days and it went through fine.

I think three people have to flag it before it is removed. But someone who has one for sale also could get friends to help flag it.

I think three people have to flag it before it is removed. But someone who has one for sale also could get friends to help flag it.
Or one person with multiple accounts under multiple emails.
People are that devious.

List something else and see how it goes. Say like a tool or something.
A lot of trailers listed everywhere are dealer scams

Reactions: JMZ
I don't have Facebook either but my wife does and she is kind enough to give me her password. 👍

Pete - I am with you on the Facebook- Meta …. No for now. I still love Craigslist. Post it in Beaumont and / or College Station. Post it here too, if you have not already done so.

Hopefully someone knows enough about posting ads on CL to help me out here. I’ve tried numerous times to list my trailer (same one listed on TWT), only to have the ad deleted almost immediately without explanation. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what common errors I may be committing to have this happen multiple times?

Thanks,

Pete
There is likely something in the wording that is triggering the add to be deleted, possibly automatically. For example, In some cases you aren't allowed to have website links in the add or use of certain proprietary terms. Post the ad here to allow others to possibly ID the problem and suggest revisions.

See if any of this might apply.

*miscategorized, overposted, cross-posted, or nonlocal content

*anyone’s personal, identifying, confidential or proprietary information

*false, misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent content; bait and switch; keyword spam

Also, did you mention in the ad that you would trade for guns, ammo or services of any sort? That will trigger a problem.

Last edited:
If someone has a similar trailer, they might be trying to eliminate the competition. There’s a report button that people can click on to flag the posting as prohibited
I agree with the others that it could be a scrupulous competitor.

Thanks,

Pete
I believe that there is a $5 charge that must be taken care of to list trailers

There is likely something in the wording that is triggering the add to be deleted, possibly automatically. For example, In some cases you aren't allowed to have website links in the add or use of certain proprietary terms. Post the ad here to allow others to possibly ID the problem and suggest revisions.

See if any of this might apply.

*miscategorized, overposted, cross-posted, or nonlocal content

*anyone’s personal, identifying, confidential or proprietary information

*false, misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent content; bait and switch; keyword spam

Also, did you mention in the ad that you would trade for guns, ammo or services of any sort? That will trigger a problem.
Here’s the link to my TWT ad, which is almost exactly as I posted it on CL.

Many thanks for all the replies and help. I’m going to try posting it again on CL tomorrow, under a completely new account, and will let y’all know how it goes. Thanks again!

As much as I hate FB, it's way better than CL for selling stuff. Sign up and use your FB account only to buy and sell things. The platform included messaging alone is worth it. Plus, I think you'll get 100x as many people looking at it. I mean, everyone and their dog (literally) looks at FB a dozen times a day, and only old coots look at Craigslist anymore. It's turned into the Greensheet 2022. The primary purpose of CL these days is email harvesting scams.

As much as I hate FB, it's way better than CL for selling stuff. Sign up and use your FB account only to buy and sell things. The platform included messaging alone is worth it. Plus, I think you'll get 100x as many people looking at it. I mean, everyone and their dog (literally) looks at FB a dozen times a day, and only old coots look at Craigslist anymore. It's turned into the Greensheet 2022. The primary purpose of CL these days is email harvesting scams.
Yeah, I’m about to finally give up the ghost and do that.

Is it possible it’s your computer IP. Your previous account and your IP may be flagged as a spam host. Switching accounts wouldn’t help since you still would have an identifying IP. Just a thought. Go to a public library, setup a different account, different email and try from there.

Back