• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist Question

Is it possible it’s your computer IP. Your previous account and your IP may be flagged as a spam host. Switching accounts wouldn’t help since you still would have an identifying IP. Just a thought. Go to a public library, setup a different account, different email and try from there.
Appreciate the suggestion…may give that a try if my new Fark Suckerberg ad doesn’t work out.

If you didn't pay the $5, and it's in one of the areas where they charge for the ad, then that's probably the explanation. Still, FB is better for this kind of thing. And there is no $5 on FB.

If you didn't pay the $5, and it's in one of the areas where they charge for the ad, then that's probably the explanation. Still, FB is better for this kind of thing. And there is no $5 on FB.

No charge for listing in CL "trailers" category. Actually very few categories charge the $5 fee. Vehicles, properties, comm services, etc.

I think three people have to flag it before it is removed. But someone who has one for sale also could get friends to help flag it.
If your CL is anything like mine it's flooded with ads from trailer sales places. I wouldn't doubt that they have bots to flag other trailers.

As much as I hate FB, it's way better than CL for selling stuff. Sign up and use your FB account only to buy and sell things. The platform included messaging alone is worth it. Plus, I think you'll get 100x as many people looking at it. I mean, everyone and their dog (literally) looks at FB a dozen times a day, and only old coots look at Craigslist anymore. It's turned into the Greensheet 2022. The primary purpose of CL these days is email harvesting scams.
you calling me an old coot! Geez, it may be close to true. What do you think FB does in their spare time with your data? I can assure you it is way worse things than you can imagine.

you calling me an old coot! Geez, it may be close to true. What do you think FB does in their spare time with your data? I can assure you it is way worse things than you can imagine.

I work in this field of technology. I'm not afraid of fb using my photos of stuff I am selling or chat history. MAin thing they do with your data is use it to feed you ads.

Back