• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cranfills gap slacker Thursday meetup 11/29

I’m glad you got home okay Doug. Well played on getting the Mitch help. Heheh

HE is easily sucked in to hard work. I think it is an endearing character flaw. I applaud your choice of roads again. Enjoyed it.

Feedback on the flat tire. So the European bike wheels usually have an 8.3 mm hole and the Japanese wheels usually have 11.3 mm wheels. I installed the 8.3 mm stem in my Yamaha front. Apparently when I aired it up I knocked the almost gone seal over the edge. Here is a pic, the left one is the 8.3 mm, right is 11.3 mm. So as you can see, I was pretty lucky it didn't leak before. And yes, the rear has the proper stem in it.

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

Feedback on the flat tire. So the European bike wheels usually have an 8.3 mm hole and the Japanese wheels usually have 11.3 mm wheels. I installed the 8.3 mm stem in my Yamaha front. Apparently when I aired it up I knocked the almost gone seal over the edge. Here is a pic, the left one is the 8.3 mm, right is 11.3 mm. So as you can see, I was pretty lucky it didn't leak before. And yes, the rear has the proper stem in it.

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

Oh crap. I just replaced a stem in my BMW and I had no idea there was more than one size.

From your description, I'm guessing I'm ok as the BMW probably uses the 8.3MM and since it wasn't a really tight fit, I assume it was the 8.3MM stem.

Now I'm worried though and will have to check it out.

Learn something new every day.

Thickerer, there was a word we should have kept. Thanks for the opportunity, I needed to save face after the flat tire from valve stem install fiasco.

Back