• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Crawford General Store, Crawford TX

Sully

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Sullivan
What: As the name implies, this place is a little bit of everything: gas station, convenience store, and restaurant. The BBQ smelled delicious, but I can't speak with authority since I didn't try any. Instead, I ordered a jalepeno chesseburger (my standard yardstick for evaluating eateries), and homemade fries. They did not disappoint. Additionally, I was able to try this for the first time:
496016906_43XsR-M.jpg

The also sell Dublin DP by the bottle, but unfortunately they were out when I was there.

Here's an exterior shot:

496016685_7qwVW-L.jpg

Where: 6804 N Lone Star Parkway (really, it's on TX 317 in downtown Crawford, at the intersection of TX 317 and 4th street, northeast corner of the intersection)

Directions: From South Loop 340 in Waco, take TX 6 northwest to intersection with FM 185, and then take FM 185 southwest to Crawford. When FM 185 intersects with TX 317, turn right onto TX 317 and go about one block. Location on right. NOTE: GoogleMaps shows the location as being well north of Crawford, but its downtown. The street in the left of the exterior picture is TX 317, looking north

Last edited:
Is that a secret service suburban in the background??

Thanks for the tip... A few friends and I will be passing trhough there in 2 weeks... I 'll have to stop for a Dublin DP if for nothing else.

Back