• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Crf 250r. Anyone have any experience with one

The rear frame has been cut off on both sides. They are asking 1100 and it runs ok
0f35173c98ed2fb5783fc53cec1a1bb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Before you spend a bunch of money find someone local with more experience to help you with this. Those bikes are very durable but that one looks well used. It might be a great buy or the most expensive great buy you have ever got. Not sure that model can be made street legal for a reasonable amount.

The rear of the subframe on those is just straight tubes. There are plastic plugs from the factory. It may or may not be cut. It almost looks like someone welded buddy pegs on it.

Engine and tranny on those are really pretty bulletproof as long as oil changes were done regularly and the air filter had a good seal and is in good shape.

Not sure if that bike would be good for highway though. It might go 70 if you re-geared it but I would definitely be a buzzing little bee for 50 miles.

If you were just doing trail rides, it's probably a decent deal. For a street legal DS ride....I think I'd look for something a bit more capable on the highway like a DR, KLR or an XR

Back