• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CRF230F wont idle

I fitted a new spark plug!! and checked the valve clearances the other night, they where all good and I have 130PSI in the cylinder so compression seems to be good. Not sure what changed, but I got up today, changed the oil removed the tank and all the bodywork, checked for any damaged wiring, etc (didn't find anything) put it back together and it now idles beautifully!! I must have moved something but I have no idea what!! I now need to change the main jet as I have gone to completely stock jetting and the bike has a modified air box and a much better flowing Yoshi exhaust pipe so it will be running very lean now!! But with the idle sorted I can now go up a few sizes on the main jet until it run correctly (will just go back to the old main jet as it ran great before) and everything should be great!! Wish I knew what had changed, but happy that it now idles so well.
Maybe whatever was clogging a carb circuit dislodged

Back