• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CRF450X Float valve seat

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Okay peeps, I need your help. A friend of mine parked his CRF450X (2005) up 6 months ago and left regular fuel in the carburetor, the fuel has evaporated and the ethanol has done a real number on the carb, all the jets have turned green and are blocked, I removed them all and bought new ones from Honda, the float valve and seat where also completely gummed up so I removed them from the carb and ordered a float valve set from Honda. When it arrived it contains only the float valve, not the seat. Apparently honda does not sell the seat, it's a push fit into the carb. We ruined the old seat getting it out so cannot re-use it and I am now stuck what we can do, don't want to buy a new carb!! Have any of you come across this issue before? Any idea of any other seat from another model/bike will fit? Was trying to help the friend out but am worried I may have completely messed it up!!

Cheers for all ideas/suggestions.

Gary

Contact Lucky at LCS racing in Palestine Texas. He's forgotten more than I'll ever know. Great Guy!
1330 TX-155, Palestine, TX 75803

Many thanks, Just spoke with Lucky, he has done this before and actually machines the carb to take a removable valve seat so it can be changed in the future if needed!! Cheaper than buying a new carb..

Gary

If you remember tell Lucky David Baccus said hello. He's the real deal.

He asked who had recommended him and I said David from Greenville (I didn't know your last name), but I am not sure he realised who you are!! :)

Gary

Sounds like that’s a great resource. Another good place to get carb parts is Sudco. I’ve talked to them several times for Keihen carb parts.

I tried Sudco, but they told me the seat is not available. Have sent the carb to Lucky and hope he can fit a valve from something else that has the same float height.

Back