• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Critique - CluckCluck...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Luckenbach yesterday the sun was right for colors on this guy.

Thoughts?

788201589_M7aDn-L.jpg

LOL I have been outside capturing bird pics today too.

Focus is sharp, and the colors are rich.

It is a bit crowded with this crop, imo, and the black point my be a wee bit to much to the right side of the scale. (Detail is lost on breast..)

Would like to see what your metadata holds / exif.

I would have clone-stamped the rust spot out - just above the bird's rear end... that was a distraction to me.

Nikon D90
2010/02/13 16:22:26
Lens:
Focal Length: 90mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/1000 sec - F/8
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity:
Optimize Image:
White Balance:

And the little rust spot I noticed as well. :doh:

OK, here's with the rust spot removed, lighter breast area and no crop...

788531196_rLV5H-L.jpg

Great, I was thinking of passing through Luckenbach for a beer, now I see they have fried chicken to.

John

Why did he cross the road?

I think it's a great pic of a rooster--great detail & color.

For some reason, it just doesn't grab me--it's not a pic I could see printing & framing.

For some reason, it just doesn't grab me--it's not a pic I could see printing & framing.

You bring up a grand point....

I can't say it's a great work of art, but shooting a picture a day you take the good with the not so good. Your comment about printing/framing is spot on. That sets the stage for what would make a GREAT shot. If I'd want to frame it, then I know I did my part if the other pcs fall into place.

Thx for the comments!

I'm not going to say the photo is bad.....but when I saw it there just isn't anything to crow about. :lol2:

The exposure looks good and the subject looks sharp. But composition wise, the subject is too centered. I would have composed with the subject in the left third of the frame to give it space to "look" into.

The color seems a bit off on my monitor but other than that I like it. Cropping out the wood block was a good choice.

Back