• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cruse control installation guide question

Zonie

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Ebert
All,
When I purchased my 04 Suzuki V-Strom it came with a cruse control that has never worked and I would like it to. Would anyone have the installation instructions and a trouble shooting guide? Here is a picture of the handlebar switch which might help identify the supplier.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Attachments

• DSCN0442.JPG
    DSCN0442.JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 172
Control appears to be an Audiovox. I installed one on my 08 DL1000, Pretty simple. If you PM your email to me I'll send you schematics, links, etc. The unit will not function unless it "sees" ground through the brake light bulb. So, if the bike has been fitted with LED brakes light, unit won't engage.

Interesting. I haven't touched the bulbs since I got the bike, I will have to look and see what it has.
Thanks for the tip.

I installed the Audiovox CCS-100 on a 2012 DL1000. It was not an easy install, and I know my way around motorcycles. I found the following web site Cruse Control Install DL650 was the best detail for the install. The unit I used was older (not electric activation) and used vacuum. I had to make the vacuum reservoir out of PVC. PM me if you want to know more. BTW - after it was installed and sorted out it performed flawlessly.

Later, Bud...

Back