• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CTOR Trails

Reaction score
Anyone here ride at CTOR?

I joined two weeks ago after my Hidden Falls membership expired. I decided it would be interesting to ride somewhere else this year to learn different skills.

Great place have ridden there a bunch over the years. I personally like it much better than Hidden Falls, as there is more technical climbs available

I haven't really found the difficult technical sections yet, but I've also not attempted most of Loop 1 or the Ridge trail. Loop 2 is great, with different type of terrain and challenges than are at Hidden Falls.

It's a great place. Guys on Sunday can show you the hard stuff. Careful what you wish for.

It's a great place. Guys on Sunday can show you the hard stuff. Careful what you wish for.
Back in the 80s we were heading to Post Tx for an enduro. We had a new guy with us who had never been and he made a comment about how flat everything looked and that there must not be any challenging stuff. Still laugh about that.

Going tomorrow morning. Great place for mellow stuff

I haven't been in a long time. There is a longish incline up to where many of the main trails begin. I used to find that part a little challenging. Wonder how I would find it now.

I'd like to go back and find out.

If there is a "skeered sr" ride I would like to attend. 5 hour drive for me so maybe a two day thing.

You can camp there (tent or full hookups) or stay at a hotel nearby. Can also do Emma long or hidden falls Saturday to make the drive worth it.

Thank you Sir. Been out since March for various reasons. Spent a "surprise" week at St Lukes in H-Town three weeks ago tomorrow for some emergency surgery. Doc says I can ride in one more week. Gonna give it a test before I try to plan anything.

I regularly ride the ridge trail, loop #2 and #4 at CTOR, either Saturday or Sunday most weekends. Those are the moderate trails. Loop #2 does have a few difficult sections, but there are bypasses for all of them.

Loop #1 I haven't figured out as it is interspersed with sections I'm not willing to descend and get stuck somewhere I can not get out...

1634496562998.jpeg

I got a new bike and wanted to hit up CTOR. Well not really, my boy was just nagging me to ride some dirt he could do! Stripped down the 500 to his skinny self and we went to CTOR yesterday, felt like a different animal. We were going to go to Spoaks or Murphy’s as it is closer, but with the 5” of rain last week they shut the trails down. So we went to CTOR, beautiful day!

1634496787583.jpeg

1634496807764.jpeg

1634497702049.jpeg

1634497731124.jpeg

1634497785288.jpeg

His first time really riding the KLX140L in a tougher environment. We did Trail 4, I like that one, nice and long, like 9 miles of single track. He is doing pretty good, few layovers on some down hills and one of those root spots, but I’ve seen grown men struggle here and there out there, happy with his progress for a 12yo.

1634497046457.jpeg

We went back to the truck and he rode the track a bit while Dad had a couple cervezas. Then back out for Trail 2. I figured Trail 3 was going to be pretty muddy, we skipped it. I made him lead some, so I could snag some pics and make him learn to read the trail.

1634497136889.jpeg

1634497175089.jpeg

We were ready to go, but I was dreading 35 and Austin traffic, I think there was a game or something, on the way up it was awful. And I’m too cheap to take the toll with a trailer. So I decided to meander the hill country to get home back in the San Marcos area. We made our way over to Burnet and started to keep an eye out for an outside venue for some grub. Nothing grabbed me, so we rolled into Johnson City and ate at Pecan Brewery, sat outside listening to a live band and drinking the brewery’s Octoberfest beer. Good day!!!

1634497421744.jpeg

We cleaned up our bikes today, did our maintenance and put them back in the stable for next time. Along with listing his CRF125 for sale, he’s a Kawi rider now!

1634497532762.jpeg

I regularly ride the ridge trail, loop #2 and #4 at CTOR, either Saturday or Sunday most weekends. Those are the moderate trails. Loop #2 does have a few difficult sections, but there are bypasses for all of them.

Loop #1 I haven't figured out as it is interspersed with sections I'm not willing to descend and get stuck somewhere I can not get out...
Let me know if you want to jump in with us on a Sunday morning. We can show you the rest of it and let you decide what you want to do. No pressure kinda group - participation in the stupid is optional.

How/where does a person pay for a ride day. I am 5+ hours away so my riding will be very occasional at best. Maps available? Thanks.

Back